Oregon Aero Headset Upgrades

Groundpounder

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Emerson Bigguns
Anyone ever buy Oregon Aero's headset upgrade items? They make a new headband cushion and ear seals for almost every headset. My Zulu needs new seals and headband, figured I'd give them a try for not much more than what an OEM replacement would cost.

I bought them for both my Bose headsets. I am very pleased.

But this is POA. I reported that a couple of months ago and someone came by and gave my post a thrashing.

I bought them for both my Bose headsets. I am very pleased.

But this is POA. I reported that a couple of months ago and someone came by and gave my post a thrashing.

Thrash Thrash Thrash Thrash Thrash Thrash Thrash Thrash Thrash Thrash Thrash Thrash Thrash Thrash Thrash Thrash Thrash Thrash Thrash Thrash Thrash Thrash Thrash Thrash Thrash Thrash Thrash Thrash Thrash Thrash

Actually, I got their kit for my David Clark headset a bunch of years ago. I like it. Definitely made a difference.

I'd be happy to bundle our really good accessories up and make a kit like that if you guys prefer to buy them together?

Do you guys really replace the insulation in the earpieces and use leather mic covers though? Is the insulation inside your headsets that bad to begin with? And the leather mic covers are really for open cockpit - well if you don't have our mic I mean :wink2: - but maybe I'm missing somthing.

I'm curious though, let me know here or in a PM. I don't want to jack the thread.

A foam mic cover works better than the leather in open cockpit. The Oregon Aero ear cushions are temper foam with thin leatherete covers. Don

I got them for my Pilot 17-79's, and it made a world of difference. OTOH, I don't think my new Zulu.2 will gain any advantage -- it's already as comfortable as I could ask it to be.

Back