Optics

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
My everyday RayBans have been trashed after many years and I need to get a new pair. I have weather watchers for flying but need a set for everyday use. I am looking at a few pairs from Campmoor this is one of them
http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=39222292&memberId=12500226

I can't figure out what kind of lens to get. Not talking polarzied vs non but rather color. The lenses come in so many colors the above pair comes in Grey and Copper, others are more yellow some green. What the heck is the difference between all of these?

Grey lenses are great for bright sunny days while yellow lenses are preferred for overcast and/or twilight. That being said, I much prefer using yellow lenses even in full sunlight as it allows the other planes to pop into sight. The bad news is the only yellow lenses I have are in my Oakleys (too tight with the headset) and shooting glasses (larger than normal lens size). YMMV

Thanks Kevin. As I said these glasses will be for everyday use and not flying as I use my Weather Watchers for flying.

Thanks Kevin. As I said these glasses will be for everyday use and not flying as I use my Weather Watchers for flying.

Pfft. Then get the ones that look mah-vel-ous!

:rolleyes:

-Rich

Attachments

• Marvellous.jpg
    Marvellous.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Be bold, Adam- Titty Pink!

Back