Opportunity of a lifetime, and GoPro help

This one?

GoPro-Helmet-Hero-Head-Strap-Mount-2.jpg

Yep, that one.

Must have been another vendor headband - The one I saw didn't have the top strap.

There are slits in the buckles the top strap can be removed. Don't put the camera on your head it isn't nice to inflict amateur head cam footage on people.

I have quite a lot of mounts and attachments for the GoPro cameras. Also, if you're flying out of UES I know the owner and have ridden multiple times. If it's the Waukesha owner you should definitely ask first and well in advace.

Good luck and have fun.

There's been one in UES for at least 20 years.

Is this part of the event going on at MSN in a few weeks? I am tempted to shell out for a ride on the B-17 but I'm not sure.

Most everything has been covered. The Black Hero 3 is a decent camera when it works. Mine has been acting up and ate a 64G micro SD card. I do need to update the firmware and I have heard that helps.

I run a splitter for my headset that plugs directly into the camera. It captures any audio in and out of the headset but nothing from the outside. Gopro makes pretty good mounting systems. In fact there is a mounting foot glued to the inside of N95787, don't know how it got there hehe.

I have been frustrated a bit with the gopro acting up and have been looking at the contour 2 and JVC's offering(forget the name but it's similar to a go pro), but I am going to give the firmware updates a shot first.

'Not sure if it's been mentioned, but some of the WarBirds have extensive built-in camera systems, because you weren't the first person wanting to document this once-in-a-lifetime event.
Have Fun!

Is this part of the event going on at MSN in a few weeks? I am tempted to shell out for a ride on the B-17 but I'm not sure.

No... I wasn't even aware there was an event in MSN in a few weeks? Or is this just the annual couple days of Aluminum Overcast rides that EAA does when the bird is on the way back to OSH for Airventure?

Thanks for all the help, folks - The suction mounts worked beautifully, though I had a couple of the bar mounts on hand as well. I shot the flight using three GoPro Hero3 Black cameras at 1080p/30fps plus an 8MP still every 5 seconds. All three worked swimmingly! I'll have more later, but here's a good teaser shot for now. :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• GOPR0285.JPG
    GOPR0285.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 728
Back