Opinions on Glock 23 .40cal?

Bill

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
This page intentionally left blank
Roger getting his CCW reminds me that I need to get to class and get my CCW as well. I have a Glock 21 .45cal, but I think it will be too big and heavy for CCW, and was thinking about the Glock 23 .40cal.

Anyone have some experience with this pistol?

The 23 was what the SD I worked for issued. Nice gun, but it was a bit on the bulky side for me. I picked up the compact frame 27 and carried that as well.

Can't be more specific on the 23, its been almost 7 years since I've had one in my hands.

Attachments

• glock27a.jpg
    glock27a.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 14
Roger getting his CCW reminds me that I need to get to class and get my CCW as well. I have a Glock 21 .45cal, but I think it will be too big and heavy for CCW, and was thinking about the Glock 23 .40cal.

Anyone have some experience with this pistol?

Did my CCW training with the 23, but was too bulky for my taste. Course, I am just a girl.......... But I love my baby Glock!:yes:

Last edited:
Bill,
If you like the 45 but want a smaller package, go for the G36. Its a good CCW and has more stopping power than the .40 Cal.
Being a firearms instructor, I have noticed that scores from shooters of 9MM and .45 cal handguns are much higher than shooters of .40 cal. Most don't like the "SNAP" recoil of the .40 and can't get back on target as fast, this cause the hits to be all over the target. I would rather see one .45 cal round center chest, than six .40 cal in arms, shoulder etc.

Bill,
If you like the 45 but want a smaller package, go for the G36. Its a good CCW and has more stopping power than the .40 Cal.

Thanks for the heads up, reviews on this one are quite favorable, in fact most think it is the best Glock model. I'll go look at one.

Carried the Glock 22 for a number of years, as a holstered LE weapon it was great for me (big hands.) I bought a Glock 27 for off-duty stuff, IMHO it is much better than the 23 for concealed carry. After all in MOST personal protection situations the shorter barrel and smaller capacity is NOT a disadvantage.

That being siad I now carry a Sig chambered for .45ACP (Sig because of agency policy I prefer the Glock.) The .45 is a better round...

I'm not a fan of the .40 S&W round, now that capacity is no longer an issue since that law thankfully grandfathered. To me .40 was an answer to a question that was never asked. Modern JHP ammo in 9MM and .45 are fine. I like 9MM for most situations, but I want a lightweight, commander sized 1911 to use for CCW.

Back