Opinions of a mid 60's Piper Comanche 250?

"...niner two romeo, traffic following you is a 737, keep your speed up to short final."

"Wilco, niner two romeo"

+1 and when the weather bad enough they need the ILS, you will get this more often than not. "Cherokee 518 maintain best forward speed"

and there are probably 2 more 737's lining up behind that one.

Brian

What didn't they like about it? A really fast "slow down" procedure is to pull the power and pull the nose up, then start adding opposite aileron and rudder to do a slip. You need to be careful about slamming in too much rudder at high airspeeds and you also need to be careful about getting too slow in a nose up slip, but it is effective. For a little "safety buffer" you can do the nose up slip in a bank which will make a spin much less likely.

I'm not sure. He never got around to telling me why. He was too busy telling me not to in as many ways as possible. It was on the last of a few trips around the patch and I never went back to him after that.

Taller, yes, but only in the middle. The Bo is rounded off quite a bit at the top, while the Comanche is quite square. IME, I bump my head less in the Comanche than I do in the Bo. (6'4")

Necro-post time! Someone found this post of mine from a decade ago and managed to track me down and call me on the phone to talk about it. It was a fun conversation. Wesley, I hope you'll sign up and introduce yourself! :)

Back