Opinions are like...

Ahaha! I'm loving that you posted this!!! I had the SAME comments when I started flying. "you mean, YOU actually flew the plane?? In the air??" That comment I received about 5 times. Yes woman fly and yes some of us woman have children. I have two girls and trying to teach them to live as they want (within reason) without limitations. My significant other wasn't against it, but he also said he'd never fly with me, ha! In my opinion, negative comments only come from a lack of knowledge and are to be politely ignored :) Thanks for sharing!!

Ahaha! I'm loving that you posted this!!! I had the SAME comments when I started flying. "you mean, YOU actually flew the plane?? In the air??" That comment I received about 5 times. Yes woman fly and yes some of us woman have children. I have two girls and trying to teach them to live as they want (within reason) without limitations. My significant other wasn't against it, but he also said he'd never fly with me, ha! In my opinion, negative comments only come from a lack of knowledge and are to be politely ignored :) Thanks for sharing!!

Welcome to POA...

:cheers::cheers:

My mom was a pilot back in the 60s. She obtained her commercial and CFI when very few women did. Below is a dropbox link to an article she wrote in the Antique Airplane Association magazine in 1971. Maybe it will help folks realize women flying and flying in general is normal.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zqp6ek78l...Antiquer Article - AAA Digest (1971).pdf?dl=0

Jim R
Collierville, TN

N7155H--1946 Piper J-3 Cub
N3368K--1946 Globe GC-1B Swift
N4WJ--1994 Van's RV-4

I'm glad things are working out for the OP. As many of you, I have been crossing my fingers for her from the beginning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When someone tells me how 'dangerous' flying is I offer to send them a few brutal compilation videos of car accidents that I found on YouTube.

My mom was a pilot back in the 60s. She obtained her commercial and CFI when very few women did. Below is a dropbox link to an article she wrote in the Antique Airplane Association magazine in 1971. Maybe it will help folks realize women flying and flying in general is normal.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zqp6ek78l...Antiquer Article - AAA Digest (1971).pdf?dl=0

Jim R
Collierville, TN

N7155H--1946 Piper J-3 Cub
N3368K--1946 Globe GC-1B Swift
N4WJ--1994 Van's RV-4
Very cool story. Since your name is Jim I am assuming you are the one who took the checkride along with your mom. ;)

Back