Operation Helmut

Richard

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ack...city life
I heard an interview with the founder of this on the local talk radio today. The founder is a medical doctor who was in the Korean War with the USMC. He runs the whole org out of his house so has very little admin overhead. So far, he has provided over 2,000 modified helmuts to those patrolling the highways in Iraq, all through donations sent by folks across the country. The USMC loves what the good doc is doing and he has received favorable word from the boots in Iraq.

He remembers from his days in Korea having one hand on his helmut and one hand on his rifle when on the run and how that gave the advantage to the enemy. The whole idea for improved chin strap and padding occured to him as his grandson in Iraq was relating how so many casualties were caused by skull fractures or cerebral hemmoraging caused by the helmut bouncing off a guy's noggin after an IED exploded.

http://www.operationhelmut.org

Steve said:
That's why I was having trouble with the link. During the radio interview he spent considerable time saying he had deleted the hypen in the URL because many folks were forgettting it and not being able to connect. I guess I misunderstood what he said.:dunno:

Thanks for the save, Steve.

Last edited:
Back