Operation: Fly - New Features

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
I just pushed a few new features live on Operation: Fly's website that I wanted to explain to make sure no one got confused with the new icons. All of this information is available on the site as well.

potw.png

First off, you can now nominate pictures that you would like to have considered for the Photo of the Month vote that will happen toward the beginning of next month (and every month thereafter). To do so, once you are logged in, simply hover over the photo that you want to nominate, and click on the purple camera icon. Photos that have been nominated by others will have a blue border and will say that they have already been nominated. You may not nominate these photos again. Photo nominations must happen in the month in which the photo was submitted.

reportbad.png

Secondly, you can now report photos that have been approved and loaded that may be inappropriate. These photos could violate our terms of service, be generally distasteful or rude, or there may be any other issues with these. We don't care what it is, if something's wrong, report it and we will take another look at it. If we are unable to detect any issues with the photo, we will reach out to you to get your perspective on what is wrong. Note that the photo will remain live until it has been reviewed. To report a photo as bad, when logged in, hover over the photo, and click on the red icon with the exclamation mark on it.

claimed.png
available.png
pending.png

Finally, we have added the ability to see which airports are pending claims on the new and improved Airport Map page, which can be viewed through the report section in the menu above. Airports that are claimed will show a new red pin, those that are available will show a new blue pin, and those airports that are pending review will show a new yellow pin. If you have any questions, please let us know!

It is a small detail that I would suggest. Now that the claimed airports are marked with red, perhaps the home page bar that gives the percentage of claimed airports should be reversed also so that the 48.3% in on red.

It is a small detail that I would suggest. Now that the claimed airports are marked with red, perhaps the home page bar that gives the percentage of claimed airports should be reversed also so that the 48.3% in on red.

Great suggestion. This has been implemented.

Back