OpenSource IMAP or POP proxy for my web server

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
Here's the deal: some places where I want to be able to check my email, I can't, due to filters and blocks.

Looking for an open-source (.net or java) package I can install on MY domain (which isn't blocked) which will act as a proxy between me and the mail domain.

Ideas? I don't need to see the end-domain's user interface; just looking for a mail package that will utilize the mail (pop/smtp/imap) services of the existing host through a different interface hosted on my box.

Is that about as clear as mud?

Troy,

You want: http://roundcube.net/

Most open source web mail solutions have crappy interfaces straight out of 1999. I started using RoundCube a few weeks ago and have been impressed. It has a nice modern feel with AJAX in all the right places. Ignore the fact that the latest version is just a release candidate. I have had no problems.

It's simple to setup. It's all written in PHP. You'll need a mysql database, imap, and smtp server.

Let me know if you want to try it before you go through the effort of installing it. I can give you an e-mail account for testing.

Last edited:

Thanks, Jesse! This is just what I was looking for. You're right about the crappy interface thing. If you wouldn't mind, I'll take you up on the trial account. You can PM me the details or email from POA.

Thanks!

P.S.- Why did I think you'd be the one with the answer? :)

Back