Open House L26

kellyo

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
kello
Hi,

If any local pilots are interested, Hesperia Airport (L26) will have an open house on October 1. Not an airshow, just open house for people to come by and see the airport. L26 recently put a self serve fuel tank in, price is currently $3.45, it's at the north end of the field. We got hangers in there now, a motel, not sure if there is any vacany ATM. The restraunt is really good, the Skyhigh Cafe where they pile it high. Usually you get more food then you can eat.

If you never been, or wondered about the airport on your way into the L.A. basin, this would be a good time to come check it out.

Thanks.

kellyo said:
Hi,

If any local pilots are interested, Hesperia Airport (L26) will have an open house on October 1. Not an air show, just open house for people to come by and see the airport. L26 recently put a self serve fuel tank in, price is currently $3.45, it's at the north end of the field. We got hangers in there now, a motel, not sure if there is any vacany ATM. The restraunt is really good, the Skyhigh Cafe where they pile it high. Usually you get more food then you can eat.

If you never been, or wondered about the airport on your way into the L.A. basin, this would be a good time to come check it out.
Hey, I was just out your way a few weeks ago. Michael and I were out flying in his Mooney and flew to see Richard at PRB and then on up to see Chris at Watsonville for lunch at the airport there.

I took some acro lessons at WJF with a wonderful CFI, rode in his Pitts, and did some glider flying at Tehachapi.

How far are you from the Devil's Punchbowl?

Next time we'll have to run over and do lunch! :)

Hmmm, I must have lost track of this thread...sorry. Not familiar with Devil's Punchbowl, I'll look it up.

The airshow/open house at L26 was awesome. A fellow AOPA member brought out his T28B and gave me some dual. We took off from runway 21, stay in left pattern for 2 low approaches, then departed to the ENE. The acceleration and climb speed was awesome 2,500'/min. After getting over a rural area at about 9k the pilot demostrated a wing over, then a barrel roll. Then I tried the barrel roll about 3 or 4 times. After that we headed back, and I got about .5 total and then he said the flight was on him, and didn't ask for money.

Anyway was the best ride I've had yet. Diana, can you please buy me a T28B for a Halloween present?

kellyo said:
After getting over a rural area at about 9k the pilot demostrated a wing over, then a barrel roll. Then I tried the barrel roll about 3 or 4 times.
Sounds like fun! I don't know how to do those yet.
kellyo said:
After that we headed back, and I got about .5 total and then he said the flight was on him, and didn't ask for money.
That was really nice of him!
kellyo said:
Diana, can you please buy me a T28B for a Halloween present?
Sure Kelly, if you buy me a Decathlon for Columbus Day first. :cheerswine:

Diana said:
Sounds like fun! I don't know how to do those yet.
That was really nice of him!
Sure Kelly, if you buy me a Decathlon for Columbus Day first. :cheerswine:

Hehe I think a refurbished T28B is over 100k, maybe more. But if you still want too. :yes:

Back