Oops....

wsuffa

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bill S.
How high off the ground are the approach lights? I'm picturing the setup on rwy36 at my home airport they cantvbe more than 5 or 6ft off the ground.

Intersection takeoff for a fully loaded 777 is a no-no. They needed 10,000 and only had little more than 9,000. Imagine flight crew is going to have to get creative explaining this one. Miami needs to send Qatar the repair bill.

It said they had 13,000ft of runway.

Gonna need to change the STD weight 170 per person is not cutting it hahaha

Last edited:
It said they had 13,000ft of runway.

Gonna need to change the STD weight 170 per person is not cutting it hahaha

The runway overall is 13,000. From the intersection, it's slightly over 9,000.

Unfortunately, MIA ground is not on LiveATC, so we don't know the details of the request.

At this point, we also don't know how the computer was programmed (e.g did they program the wrong weight or did they enter the full runway length but took the intersection).

Intersection takeoff for a long haul 777...

What are three of the most useless things in aviation while flying?

1: Altitude above you
2: Fuel in the FBO's tanks
3: Runway behind you

They forgot #3.

Intersection takeoff for a fully loaded 777 is a no-no. They needed 10,000 and only had little more than 9,000. Imagine flight crew is going to have to get creative explaining this one. Miami needs to send Qatar the repair bill.

I'm sure they'll pay it right after they pay for getting the stains out of the two seats up front.

I wonder what nationality the crew was. If Quatri I can see them going Meh no biggie. I wonder if they were flying that alleged Quatri prince home who was filmied speeding and running stop signs in Beverly Hills. Perhaps they just needed to get out of here ;).

I wonder what nationality the crew was. If Quatri I can see them going Meh no biggie. I wonder if they were flying that alleged Quatri prince home who was filmied speeding and running stop signs in Beverly Hills. Perhaps they just needed to get out of here ;).

If there was any accent (hard to tell) it was Brit or Aussie. It wasn't middle eastern.

Back