Oops

OH!

This is terrible, but injuries, "minor," that's good.

Our hearts go out to you!

edit: Clarify: is this Tom's plane?

Last edited:
Was that your airplane?
It was the rental 172 from Pittsburg. There is a 150 for rent now, but some of Tom's student's are too big for both of them to be able to use it. I feel badly for them that their lessons are on hold for now.

It wasn't Tom's student that was involved.

OH!

This is terrible, but injuries, "minor," that's good.

Our hearts go out to you!

edit: Clarify: is this Tom's plane?
Spike, you're a sweetie. :)

Our old beater Skyhawk is still flying. We need to sell, it though. Except that's our Young Eagles airplane...that's what I use it for the most. We don't even use it for cross country trips anymore.

Sorry to hear about this Diana! Will the facility be getting a new rental soon?

Best,

Dave

Spike, you're a sweetie. :)

Our old beater Skyhawk is still flying. We need to sell, it though. Except that's our Young Eagles airplane...that's what I use it for the most. We don't even use it for cross country trips anymore.

Sounds like Pittsburg needs to buy your airplane. :yes: :D

Diana, I'm sorry for the loss but glad the student walked away.

This sounds very close to a story I read in one of the periodicals last year about a student pilot. The description of the accident was similar. The student, also female, had told the FBO manager she was done flying. He had witnessed the event.

He wasn't happy with his plane being damaged but told her the only thing worse than losing use of the plane was for her to be defeated and never fly again. She went on to finish her ticket.

It was the rental 172 from Pittsburg. There is a 150 for rent now, but some of Tom's student's are too big for both of them to be able to use it. I feel badly for them that their lessons are on hold for now.

It wasn't Tom's student that was involved.

Whew! I was afraid Tom had some 'splainin to do. Sorry you lost the plane, but I'm glad that Tom had nothing to do with it.,

I was second on scene and took a few pictures.

Attachments

• Picture 030.jpg
    Picture 030.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 62
  • Picture 031.jpg
    Picture 031.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 42
I was second on scene and took a few pictures.
I couldn't find where I put those pictures you sent me Dean. Seems like there was another one that was taken from the back where you could see how the right wing was bent back. That wing must have hit the ground pretty hard.

It's possible that the insurance company won't cover this now. It's turned into a bit of a mess unfortunately.

Whew! I was afraid Tom had some 'splainin to do. Sorry you lost the plane, but I'm glad that Tom had nothing to do with it.,
Thanks Mike. We're glad that Tom wasn't involved either. I don't know if the lady will try to fly again after this.

Diana, is this the one you were talking about?

Attachments

• Picture 034.jpg
    Picture 034.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 24
Wow, that hurts just looking at it! So how is the student pilot doing now?

Jim

Back