Oops wife knows I'm obbessed

evapilotaz

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Drone airspace abuser
So the other day as I was parking our mini van with her in the van I was going through my after landing and shut down check list.

I mean I was saying things like flaps up, landing light off, transponder on standby, parking brake on, mixer cutoff, master off. Like the van was airplane. She rolled her eyes. Im officially nuts.

Last edited:
Once after a 15 hour day of flying I spent 10min looking for the master in my truck when I got in it to go home...you're not alone

Wait till you step on the brake pedal thinking is the left rudder while turning into a place to park while driving the van.....:redface::redface:....:nono:

She will really look at ya funny then,,,

Do ya check the fuel and oil before you drive off too? :D

I hit 90m.p.h. in the Escalade driving home right down the center stripe after a flight sometimes....

Just wait till you start calling your base leg out loud when circling back in a parking lot for a space!

Just wait till you start calling your base leg out loud when circling back in a parking lot for a space!

Only to find out the space is now taken......

can you say.... GO AROUND...;).......:D

I hit 90m.p.h. in the Escalade driving home right down the center stripe after a flight sometimes....

That's about the only time I can ever STAY on the white center line... :lol:

It's hard after a lot of flying to remember to not straddle the nice yellow line, and that suddenly speed limits exist again . . .

I used to drive a truck before I learned to fly. It took a while to learn to not look for the rear view mirrors....

I repeat GPS directions as if I'm talking with ATC, followed by "Honda Oddyssey 123".

I know that feeling. The airport I fly out of most is a 15 minute flight from the airport next to my house. It is supposed to be a 45 minute drive. Usually after flying I have to remind myself several times that I should not make it in 15 to 20 minutes and that the throttle has more than two positions.

I think he prefers power over rice burners. :D

Btw, not all PowerStrokes use oil. Mine doesn't. And it has quarter million miles on it.

Hehe. I love truck taunts. But it's even more fun for all of us of any brand to make fun of the cute little half tons.

3d7265110f51a7365cd26fad7da967e6.jpg

I used to have a bumper sticker "My lugnuts take more torque than your import makes". :D

My buddy with his little 1/4-ton 2WD toy-truck once told me he's going off-roading. I strongly advised him not to. He went anyway.
But I was a good friend an hour later when he called me to pull him out of some soft grass and dragged his sorry azz out with my 4WD. :D
Ah, the memories of good times.

Btw, not all PowerStrokes use oil. Mine doesn't. And it has quarter million miles on it.
My powerstroke didn't use oil but it started to eat coolant and my wallet. So glad I got rid of it.

No worries...my wife has already duly noted that my mood automagically "improves substantially" on the days that I will go flying.

No worries...my wife has already duly noted that my mood automagically "improves substantially" on the days that I will go flying.

Is that when she asks for those diamond earrings then? :rofl:

Mines got over that. I'm sure it's a product of not being driven consistently for over 2 years. Oh well, at this point oil is still cheaper than rings, even if I do look like a mosquito fogger!

And we don't discriminate. I have a 96 2500 Chevy 454 truck, the 95 power stroke (how I commute to work at BNA :D ) and the wife drives an 06 dodge.

I used to have a bumper sticker "My lugnuts take more torque than your import makes". :D

I used to like that bumper sticker… until I realized that by that logic my battery powered impact wrench also makes more torque than my diesel truck. Oh well.

As to the OP's issue, I guess I can say that I often picture a takeoff run as I accelerate down a highway onramp in my truck. It feels real enough until it shifts gears, and doesn't fly at the end of the ramp.

Yeah, I'm obsessed.

Caught myself looking up to see the airplane I could hear while outside my car talking to a cop after my first ever fender bender. Was super nervous (never had so much as a speeding ticket) but....hey an AIRPLANE!!!

:nono:

Yeah, I'm obsessed.

Caught myself looking up to see the airplane I could hear while outside my car talking to a cop after my first ever fender bender. Was super nervous (never had so much as a speeding ticket) but....hey an AIRPLANE!!!

:nono:

The thing I like about pilots is that we all seem to do that, regardless of whatever else we're doing at the time. I rarely hear an aircraft going over that doesn't at least get a momentary glance (longer if it is something interesting). Every pilot I know seems to do the same thing.

Back