OOPS! Shoulda took out a house or two instead..

:lol:
I know, the pink mist thing sounded a little over the top. But the reality can be anywhere from Earnest T. Bass to a vehicle loaded with explosives. You walk into a VA hospital and start telling the soldiers with missing limbs that it's over reacting to approach vehicles with weapons drawn.
I know some folks who've been deep in the ****, and none of them think that what's appropriate behavior in Afcrapistan is appropriate in downtown Anytown, USA.
Roll your eyes all you want, but given the choice between politeness or seeing my children at the end of the day, I will choose my own safety ahead of an intruders feelings.
Convenience-store clerks are killed on the job as many or more times a year as police officers. I'm glad not to be greeted with a drawn gun and handcuffs every time I go in for a Squishee.

I know some folks who've been deep in the ****, and none of them think that what's appropriate behavior in Afcrapistan is appropriate in downtown Anytown, USA.
Whatever.:rolleyes2: Like I said earlier, consider the security being breached. Sandia National Lab isn't Afganistan, but it isn't downtown Anytown, USA either. The projects they work on are a bit more sensitive than the squishee secret formula.

Convenience-store clerks are killed on the job as many or more times a year as police officers. I'm glad not to be greeted with a drawn gun and handcuffs every time I go in for a Squishee.
Yes, so you do get it. If you fly into federaly secured property you meet an armed response team. If you walk into a Kwik E Mart you can get a squishee.:thumbsup:

:lol:Sometimes you need to reduce your arguments to the Simpsons level to get your point across.:lol:

I always get a kick out of forums like this. Every time there is a crash, people here discuss how 98% of the story is wrong so we know how poorly news writers are and how they twist events for sensationalism.

Then, every time there's a story like this, we take the story at face value and don't read it as though we should accept that 98% of it is false. There are psych studies that explain this, of course, but it's neat seeing in person.

This report is not so bad for once. The guy they interview saying, "you land in a field...better than hitting houses" was actually sane and reasonable. They didn't' say if he was a pilot.

They missed TV reporting 101: "A Cessna...NO FLIGHT PLAN!...They can go WHEREVER THEY WANT?"

An apology? The man landed in a secure facility, the security there doesn't know why he landed. Sure he could have had an engine failure, but he also could have sabotaged it himself to have an excuse to land there. Yeah it's unlikely, but if security there will be assuming that everyone comes in peace, they wouldn't be very good at their job.

Yeah, if 1) we know he wasn't threat then 2) is he a protester, then 3) can we let him fly out?

I can't watch the video with volume at work, so I don't know what the witnesses had to say, but I did watch it and read two other articles. Is there any evidence of the things I bolded?

If anyone in this thread was in charge of security at a US national security lab like Sandia, what would you do differently?
Offer to get his Cub running, with the proviso that I get to fly it out of there to the airport. :D I would think that a plane side discussion would be in order. "Hey boss, step over here (under the wing, in the shade) fer a li'l patdown, then we can discuss this."
And depending upon the results of that discussion, get him a gallon of gas (figuratively), or haul him off to the calaboose.

Oh wait a minnit. My Bad, you said "in charge of security".
In that case it would be (boss hogg accent) "you boys go git him an' bring him here to me 'cause I'm not goin' out there in that heat, an' don't let th' news folks know about it either." Then you get what we have here.

Yeah, if 1) we know he wasn't threat then 2) is he a protester, then 3) can we let him fly out?

Of course not, one of us (security folks) has to fly it out. We can meet up at the nearest airport in a while. :D

Back