Ooops, Apple, ya screwed up!

Given the recent incident in Colorado Springs, it won't be received there all too well. That would probably apply to Arvada and other parts of the Denver metro area as well.

It didn't' strike me as all that funny except for the very end about "Lee John."

Given the recent incident in Colorado Springs, it won't be received there all too well. That would probably apply to Arvada and other parts of the Denver metro area as well.

It didn't' strike me as all that funny except for the very end about "Lee John."

Something's missing from the video....

The trailer itself is missing. At least I couldn't get it to play.

Its kinda creepy - the music is missing. Watch long enough, and it really gets under your skin. Its not right, and you can feel it.

The music is missing, and its really, really creepy if you let it play long enough. It eventually gets under your skin. The SFX are too loud and the music is missing.

The music is missing, and its really, really creepy if you let it play long enough. It eventually gets under your skin. The SFX are too loud and the music is missing.
It indicates "Not yet rated" so a lot of editing probably remains to be done. I'm guessing they wanted to just get a trailer out there for some exposure.

Happens often. In a lot of cases they haven't secured the rights for the music when the trailer comes out. What usually happens is they use music that they have rights to, so some songs show up on trailers over and over again. They also use the duplicate sound track to let the audience know that this new film is planned to be along the lines of the earlier film.

This proves that the music industry has a tighter behind than the movie industry, like how you buy a DVD of an entire 4 hours of the movie for $15.99, but the soundtrack audio CD for the same movie is $19.99.

The irony is that Sony, whose movie this is, is the tightest music cabal member.

Happens often. In a lot of cases they haven't secured the rights for the music when the trailer comes out. What usually happens is they use music that they have rights to, so some songs show up on trailers over and over again. They also use the duplicate sound track to let the audience know that this new film is planned to be along the lines of the earlier film.

This proves that the music industry has a tighter behind than the movie industry, like how you buy a DVD of an entire 4 hours of the movie for $15.99, but the soundtrack audio CD for the same movie is $19.99.

The irony is that Sony, whose movie this is, is the tightest music cabal member.
That one line leads me to believe this movie hardly has the budget for an original score. Not that I think it's possible to have an original score made up from hip hop.

...friend of mine produced a movie, a documentary, and when they found out the cost of licensing the incidental use of the music playing in the background as they filmed the subject (like, the car radio being on when he's in his car), they decided that they'd just garble up the music electronically. Ridiculous. It is not as if they are "using" the music in the film.

Yeah the trailer can only be viewed with quicktime which I don't have on my computer because it always screws up my video setings.

Having worked in radio and other production for years:

The cost of licensing music is frequently 100% prohibitive for a small production. A big production doesn't even notice. In addition, if you mix audio over the music, you need mastering rights, which is another huge hassle and fee.

Another reason why indie/small productions are so difficult.

~ Christopher

Its kinda creepy - the music is missing. Watch long enough, and it really gets under your skin. Its not right, and you can feel it.

I'm confused... How is that Apple's screw-up? :dunno: That's a Sony Pictures trailer. Apple is presumably hosting it to show off that it was made with Final Cut Pro or something. I'm pretty sure they didn't edit it. :no:

I'm confused... How is that Apple's screw-up? :dunno: That's a Sony Pictures trailer. Apple is presumably hosting it to show off that it was made with Final Cut Pro or something. I'm pretty sure they didn't edit it. :no:
I am still trying to figure that out as well. What is the issue with Apple here? Or is it just wishful thinking. ;);)

Its apple's screw up because the same trailer appears elsewhere with the sound, which also invalidates the idea that the RIAA is at fault (I know!! I can't belive it either)

This was most likely a mistake either by Sony sending the wrong video to Apple, or Apple posting the wrong video to their site. Either way, its been around for a week and still unchanged.

Its apple's screw up because the same trailer appears elsewhere with the sound, which also invalidates the idea that the RIAA is at fault (I know!! I can't belive it either)

This was most likely a mistake either by Sony sending the wrong video to Apple, or Apple posting the wrong video to their site. Either way, its been around for a week and still unchanged.

I kinda doubt that that evil Steve Jobs ordered a team of dozens of Apple minions to work overnights to apply the super secret music removal filter to this one video.

It is possible that Sony sent a music-less version to Apple because they wanted to make some point about only getting 90% of the price paid for music sold on iTunes

I have a feeling that's going to be one of those movies where you see all the bits worth seeing when you watch the trailer...

Back