Only in Philly...

I've not wanted to harm another but I did want to slice my wrist when I heard a woman she was voting for Edwards because she liked his hair.

But, I was just thinking irrationally.

:)

I've not wanted to harm another but I did want to slice my wrist when I heard a woman she was voting for Edwards because she liked his hair.
Hey! I was only about 5 at the time, but I remember my Mom saying she chose Nixon over Kennedy because she didn't like Kennedy's hair. She was joking. More like she didn't want to talk about how she was voting and the reasons why.

Well what was it..like a $500 haircut? She was jealous. :)

Hey! I was only about 5 at the time, but I remember my Mom saying she chose Nixon over Kennedy because she didn't like Kennedy's hair. She was joking. More like she didn't want to talk about how she was voting and the reasons why.

That's funny. I remember asking my mom whom she voted for in '72 and she wouldn't say. She told me that voting was a private matter, and everyone had to make up their own minds and vote accordingly. Who knows why, but I was anti-McGovern at the age of 6. I think I didn't like the color of his campaign buttons or something like that.

I don't even know what to say to this:
KYW reports that if Ortiz is convicted of the felony charge, he won’t be able to vote.
On a side note: Voter registration records reveal that Ortiz, who supports Clinton, is registered Republican.
And this in the City of Brotherly Love?

And this in the City of Brotherly Love?

No its the "City that loves you back." Or stabs you in the back. LOL!

That guy should be sentenced to drive on the Schuylkill during rush hour for eternity.

What could be upsetting about his sign?

I have eaten there, as well as a couple of the other 'famous' steak places in Philly and I like his the best.

What could be upsetting about his sign?

I have eaten there, as well as a couple of the other 'famous' steak places in Philly and I like his the best.

There was a real uproar here (I'm guessing it was about a year ago), when the city tried to take action against him on the theory that he was discriminating again non-english speakers. I think it was the city equal opportunity people but I no longer remember a whole lot about it. It made national news for a few days.

You know when I am in France I eat a lot of ham and cheese sandwiches. The only reason is that it is the only lunch item I know how to ask for in French. I want service, I use their language. How hard is that to understand?

I want service, I use their language. How hard is that to understand?
You speaking their language? Might be very hard to understand!:goofy: You could always point to the menu, or order by number in a Chinese restaurant!

You speaking their language? Might be very hard to understand!:goofy: You could always point to the menu, or order by number in a Chinese restaurant!
That always works too. But I do try and learn how to ask for things in the native tongue of the country I am visiting. Even trying goes a long way to getting good services. I speak almost no Korean, but I know how to ask for bulgogi and how to say thank you. I can also point to the plastic food they have on display, but the owners always like an American who tried over the ugly American who complains that 'no one is speaking English in a country we saved for them form the commies'

Back