Online scheduling apps

BarryCooper

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
BarryCooper
First of the year I’m taking over my long-time instructor/mentor’s flight school. Any recommendations for an online scheduling app? 10-15 students—-1 plane. Free would be really good. I searched the forum only thread I found was 12 years old.

Aircraftclubs.com is a good site at $12 a month per resource. Plane and 1 instructor is $24, but you don’t have to have instructors as a resource.

Last edited:
No idea of the cost but my club uses schedule master.

The fbo that I use scheduling software from
‘Online resource scheduler (ORS)’
As a client I’ve found it easy to use

It’s free open source software,GPL license.

Several places in my area use Flight Circle.

It can track multiple assets, multiple instructors, maintenance, squawks, do billing, and more.

Last edited:
The airport I fly from uses flightschedulepro. I've never had any problems with it, pretty straightforward. No idea what the cost is.

Google Calendar if cost is really an issue.

Google Calendar if cost is really an issue.

This works for small partnerships, but I wouldn't trust it with that many people. I don't think there is an easy way in Google Calendar to keep other people in the group from changing what someone else scheduled. Too much of a temptation for some, unfortunately.

Re cost, don't forget that your time has value, too. Whatever time you're not spending actually making money instructing is overhead. That doesn't mean that expensive software is worth it, especially if it's not any more time efficient.

Back