Online Logbook Testing

Michael

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
CapeCodMichael
I have been messing with a logbook system , mostly for my own benifit. And am looking for beta testers, if you will, to test it on your system and let me know how it works on your end, and feedback. what do you look for in a online logbook?
It is in the early development stages....

http://www.bodylineautobody.com/newlog/

Thanks

Michael

What about epulets and gold braid. That come with it? Maybe I have a use for those.

Seriously, where to go for registering new password?

Last edited:
Looks pretty good to me (works without a password, presume that for beta, that's as intended). Suggest you add columns for Hp and Complex, and perhaps one or two user-definable for other category / class such as (f'rinstance) seaplane.

great ideas, Thanks. I wil be adding a user defined input for new colums, and edit of the layout by the user. Once done, i dont know what to do with it, LOL. But its great for me to keep track of my flights. good backup I supose.

I noticed that your logbook has the same error that most every other logbook has--it only logs landings (does not log take-offs). Both must be logged for currency issues. This is especially important for night ops since we humans will usually have more night landings than night take-offs.

I've already got one for microsoft Access - has all of that, plus I can limit it to or exclude any field. So I can see how much time I have when NOT solo, or how much time I have that isn't dual received. Also tells me when instrument currency is up, along with passenger currency both day and night per class - up to 4 classes. Print it off, sign each page and it's legal. It can also limit by date (before or after a certain date). Groups and summarizes all of your flights by month when it prints out.

You can set up a default tail number, default type, default home base. Also includes a W&B calculator (up to 2 seating rows and 1 baggage area) which can be tailored to your aircraft, and a wind triangle calculator. It also has night takeoffs and landings like Ed G mentioned.

Back