Online Logbook Site

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
I feel like a dummy asking for this. I searched POA and couldn't find the thread, but I know its there.

Someone suggested a website to do a online version of your logbook. I signed up an account and started filling it out, but never finished. Now, I'd like to get back at it....anyone remember the site? I'll have to add it to POA links if someone gives it up.

SkyHog said:
I feel like a dummy asking for this. I searched POA and couldn't find the thread, but I know its there.

Someone suggested a website to do a online version of your logbook. I signed up an account and started filling it out, but never finished. Now, I'd like to get back at it....anyone remember the site? I'll have to add it to POA links if someone gives it up.

It wasn't aeroplanner.com was it? I use theirs.

I just checked, nope, that's a fee based website, or eaa member website. I didn't have to pay for this one.

SkyHog said:
Thats the one! Thanks d00d!

Yeah logshare is pretty nifty :) only downside is if you ever link to it, your email is in the link :/ So use an email you don't care about :D

Eh. I'd advise you to go with the spreadsheet like Tony said. But make sure to back it up.

Problem with using a website like that is...The website is just ran by some d00d running it for his own personal enjoyment. That d00d one day might shut it down.. Maybe his wife cheats on him and he goes broke getting a devorce. Either way, You have no control over what could happen to it. You might just waste all your time putting the info on the website to find that is disappears the next day.

tonycondon said:
i just have an openoffice spreadsheet
Me too! OpenOffice rocks!:yes::yes::yes:

--Kath

I would however do it. I have way too many planes flown and too many hours. It would drive me insane. I have thought of paying someone to do it for me though. :) It would be nice knowledge to have. I wish I would have done it when I had less hours!! Hind site being 20/20 and all.

jangell said:
Problem with using a website like that is...The website is just ran by some d00d running it for his own personal enjoyment. That d00d one day might shut it down..
Paper log book (properly copied and all) is the bible. The web site is a tool that I use so I don't have to dig thru my log book to find stuff (XC PIC, HP, Dual, etc).

If Dan decided to shut it down tomorrow I wouldn't be out a thing. Besides, I can (and do) export it from his site and import it into whatever spreadsheet I want as a backup.

inav8r said:
Paper log book (properly copied and all) is the bible. The web site is a tool that I use so I don't have to dig thru my log book to find stuff (XC PIC, HP, Dual, etc).

If Dan decided to shut it down tomorrow I wouldn't be out a thing. Besides, I can (and do) export it from his site and import it into whatever spreadsheet I want as a backup.

Precisely. It's convenience, and a handy backup especially with the export options.

You could try my site:
www.AviationLogs.com

You can download your logbook to a spreadsheet at any time from the site.

We also offer logbook sharing, so you can provide others with links to your logbook. We can also do data entry, so you don't even have to put the data in.

One major advantage of software logbooks is that the totalization is done for you. The major advantage to having the logbook online, is that you can get to it from anywhere. I often forget to log flights, with an online logbook, I just add the entry when I remember and I can update the paper logbook when I am home.

Last edited:
Eh. I'd advise you to go with the spreadsheet like Tony said. But make sure to back it up.

Problem with using a website like that is...The website is just ran by some d00d running it for his own personal enjoyment. That d00d one day might shut it down.. Maybe his wife cheats on him and he goes broke getting a devorce. Either way, You have no control over what could happen to it. You might just waste all your time putting the info on the website to find that is disappears the next day.

logshare allows you to export. I export mine about once a month and also keep my paper logbook current.

You can also export from www.AviationLogs.com. We have also started fooling around with the idea of an upload feature, but the export files are significantly different. Would logshare users be interested in a method to upload their export file into www.AviationLogs.com?

If someone is interested in the feature, attach you export to an email and send it to me at Steve @ AviationLogs.com (just take out the spaces, those are for the benefit of those stupid bots that search forums and the like for email address.

BTW - Thanks PJ, I am glad to see you're using you logbook. It looks like you're flying a lot.

Nick & Steve,
Just invent a standard DTD for the XML transfer of log books.

Not a bad idea (DTD for XML). That just may make the TODO>> list.

Steve @ AviationLogs.com

Back