Online Inquiry Question

mattjs2732

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
mattjs2732
Let me give a brief history before asking the question.

Once held a Class 3 Medical. On expiration I went to renew it in 2011 and was deferred because of Hx Migraines & Anxiety. Decided not to pursue. Airman Inquiry on the FAA website states "No medical available," respectively.

March 2017: Gathered all necessary paperwork pertaining to Hx. Got my physical. AME sends it all in.

2 weeks later: Receive a letter from the FAA requesting more information. I sent it certified.

Today: As of today, the message on the FAA website states,
"Medical
Medical Class: Third, Medical Date: 3/2017
*** PLEASE CONTACT AAM-300 AT 405-954-4821 FOR MEDICAL INFORMATION ***"

Hss anyone ever seen this type of message before? Has a medical (SI?) actually been issued?

Any type of information would be great. Been waiting for so long to get my medical back and this looks like exciting information to me.

That's what it says when they've issued you a Special Issuance medical. I got the same thing. If you call them they can give you the details of the SI and you'll probably receive it in the mail next week.

It says the exact same thing on my medical. I have SI

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Hi Everyone, I'm waiting on my report to come back from OK. My HIMS doctor sent out a report going on 2 months saying I don't need any monitoring due to my past driving record

It used to say:

*** PLEASE CONTACT AAM-300 AT 405-954-4821 FOR MEDICAL INFORMATION ***

Now it says:

*** TO VERIFY MEDICAL INFORMATION CONTACT AAM-300 405-954-4821 ***

If someone is in the same boat as me, could you check to say what yours says? I'm curios if they just changed that one line for all or something is happening in my file.

Thanks

I had the same Please Contact message and now it says "NOT VALID FOR ANY CLASS AFTER. (CONTACT AAM-300 405-954-4821 FOR DATE)." This is for an SI from a year ago. I think they just changed the way they display status in their system.

Thank you, for a moment I thought it was a positive thing. I hope I get my answer soon, this is very frustrating waiting. I read in other posts I may take up to 12 weeks to hear, once I do I'm curious if they will issue me a new medical or SI and how long that will take

Thank you, for a moment I thought it was a positive thing. I hope I get my answer soon, this is very frustrating waiting. I read in other posts I may take up to 12 weeks to hear, once I do I'm curious if they will issue me a new medical or SI and how long that will take

Well I've got the same on my online Airman Inquiry. Story with me was the FAa asked for stuff on a deferred medical I couldn't supply by deadline and I thought I'd have to reapply. Missed the deadline - but when they denied me they offered me the chance to still submit the requested info and I had it (the medical reports) at that point and sent it to them. That was mid March and I haven't heard anything yet but in the last week the " to verify medical information ----" verbage has appeared on the online inquiry page.

Not sure what it means other than that they want anyone who is looking into the medical to call them.

It used to be that the airman certification used to verbatim list the restriction for special issuances as the appear on the certificate such as "NOT VALID FOR ANY CLASS AFTER JANUARY 31, 2012" or whatever. A few years ago they substituted the "CALL ## FOR MORE INFORMATION" on the SIs. I have no idea why. The real issue, is the FAA isn't even allowed to publicly disseminate this information. This is outside their exemption of the privacy act law (and no they also won't let you opt out.).

My guess is your SI has been decided in your favor. You should give the inquiry line a call to get the real information. Keep an eye on your mailbox.

It used to be that the airman certification used to verbatim list the restriction for special issuances as the appear on the certificate such as "NOT VALID FOR ANY CLASS AFTER JANUARY 31, 2012" or whatever. A few years ago they substituted the "CALL ## FOR MORE INFORMATION" on the SIs. I have no idea why. The real issue, is the FAA isn't even allowed to publicly disseminate this information. This is outside their exemption of the privacy act law (and no they also won't let you opt out.).

My guess is your SI has been decided in your favor. You should give the inquiry line a call to get the real information. Keep an eye on your mailbox.
They only switched to the "call for more info" message within the last year (at some point after I got my SI in July 2016), and they just switched back to the "not valid" message within the last week. It does not give the expiration date of the SI though, just "NOT VALID FOR ANY CLASS AFTER. (CONTACT AAM-300 405-954-4821 FOR DATE)."

Within the past day or two they made another update to the system. You no longer have to provide any of your personal info to search the database, and BasicMed info is in there now too. Here's what it has for me:
Medical Infomation:

Medical Class: Third Medical Date: 5/2016
NOT VALID FOR ANY CLASS AFTER. (CONTACT AAM-300 405-954-4821 FOR DATE)
MUST WEAR CORRECTIVE LENSES.
BasicMed Date: 5/2017

You don't have to give personal information before really. No checks on that page. You could just put a single character in all fields and 12345 for a zip.
Despite the changes, they are still breaking the law.

I'd guess that the change in wording and a request to call on the phone is a nod to medical privacy, just looking at the wording. It looks lawyerese for "we no longer prove via the wording that you have an SI".

Which is about the best they can do on a public-accessible database that asks only for who's requesting the information, and you can easily lie at that point in a non-traceable way.

The best they could do is comply with the LAW which says they don't have the authority to release such personal information. The Privacy Act forbids it and the constraints on the FAA's exception to the privacy act for the airman database is roundly ignored.

They only switched to the "call for more info" message within the last year (at some point after I got my SI in July 2016), and they just switched back to the "not valid" message within the last week. It does not give the expiration date of the SI though, just "NOT VALID FOR ANY CLASS AFTER. (CONTACT AAM-300 405-954-4821 FOR DATE)."

Within the past day or two they made another update to the system. You no longer have to provide any of your personal info to search the database, and BasicMed info is in there now too. Here's what it has for me:
Yep, my entry says the same thing. Actually the wording makes me wonder: is "BasicMed date" the date of the physical exam, or the course?

Yep, my entry says the same thing. Actually the wording makes me wonder: is "BasicMed date" the date of the physical exam, or the course?
Probably the course. My physical exam was in April and I took the course in May.

I'd guess that the change in wording and a request to call on the phone is a nod to medical privacy, just looking at the wording. It looks lawyerese for "we no longer prove via the wording that you have an SI".

Which is about the best they can do on a public-accessible database that asks only for who's requesting the information, and you can easily lie at that point in a non-traceable way.
Now they're back to wording that shows you have an SI.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back