Online homelessness keyboard warrior wankers unite!

Status
Not open for further replies.

denverpilot

Tied Down
Display Name

Display name:
DenverPilot
I had actually dug up some more info on the actual topic of @flhrci 's post about bubonic plague in my hometown but hadn't had a chance to post it... and then @Tom-D decides it's a thread about Seattle and @Ryanb tosses a race card hand grenade into it to get the mods to kill it.

So here's my new response. I won't bother with the prairie dog story.

To thank the two idiots who got the thread locked... You two online keyboard warriors want to help homelessness in your local areas, @Tom-D and @Ryanb ?

$500 matching funds on the table until the end of August, first come first served. Since you both just happened to pretend you care about my favorite charity.

Maybe you two can make @steingar think there's real Americans in America still. He wants to send the money to Elon Musk to go to Mars first, so show him there's homeless and hungry people it's better spent on.

He may be right... we're not much for privately supporting widows, orphans, homeless, and the like anymore... and you don't hear much about tithing above and beyond what the government takes by force, in typical dinner conversation anymore, faith-based or not... but we'll see what these two can accomplish toward their supposed concerns. 'Merica! Ha...

So... Tom can save the planet from his superbug (because you know, MRSA isn't bad enough), and Ryan can tell the charity to give it to whatever skin pigment color poor person he likes (I'd love to see that note to the homeless shelter... but I'll settle for a donation that helps all the homeless at one).

(As if either of those are actual root cause problems with homelessness. Hint: They're not.)

If you're hard up for ideas on where to send it, these folks actually attack urban homelessness quite well, and could educate you both on real homelessness causes.

https://www.odmdenver.org/18-ministries

Send me a receipt and my checks will be on the way to your charity.* Maximum $500 combined. Split if you both meet or exceed $250 by midnight Aug 31.

Money where mouth is... @steingar proud of America again? We'll see.

* As always when this offer is made, I reserve the right to not support a charity that goes against my personal religious or moral beliefs, but my matching donation shall be sent to the above charity. If you both refuse, I may open up the offer to someone who does. They should let me know their intent before Aug 31 also. If you want a change in terms, just ask. I'll consider it.

Additional request, doesn't have to be honored... not a demand but something to ponder. It'd be nice if you shut up about homelessness if you choose not to do anything about it.

By the way, for those reading along, according to Wiki today (take the numbers with however much salt you like) 0.17% of our population is homeless. Half a million people nightly out of 300 million. Seattle could probably fix her homelessness problem by everyone buying one less cup of coffee per month. Rough guess, haven't done the math. The "shi-holes" are only that because people don't really care.

Wouldn't take a major lifestyle change for anyone to fix it directly without even needing government or its incessant waste involved and even via free-will and not coercion. Imagine that instead of rocket cars designed to show NRO your booster works for spy satellite contracts.

The Shi-Holes of America are caused by a Huge drug problem, money doesn't solve that. Umpteen years of Federal drug war, tons of money and the problem is worse than ever.
And OBTW I am a member of the VFW, and we have several programs to aid veterans. We all contribute more than money.

and @Ryanb tosses a race card hand grenade into it to get the mods to kill it.

To thank the two idiots who got the thread locked... You two online keyboard warriors want to help homelessness in your local areas, @Tom-D and @Ryanb ?
Say what!?

You better go back and re-read the thread. I did not do that, Nate. I think you have me confused with someone else.

If anything, your last reply suggested that SkyDog58 was using the race card unnecessarily - not me.

Thread lock is inevitable. I do hope people will read the information in the link I posted. I strongly believe we in the U.S. need a radical new strategy for the benefit of everyone.

“We reduced theft by 98 percent. We never had a security figure like this,” he said, referring to crime statistics. “With health measures, you can have a very big security impact… You can do both. It’s cheap and effective. It sounds like a miracle, but you can do it.”

You two online keyboard warriors want to help homelessness in your local areas,

Oak Harbor Doesn't have a homeless problem. we do have about 4 pan-handlers, who actually make more than I do.

I had actually dug up some more info on the actual topic of ...
I have funded education, and mental health (my S/O is a psychologist). But I won't simply give money to homeless. And if that percentage is correct, the best thing to do is not what you are thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back