online fire/po po radio?

eman1200

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
anyone know of an online source to listen to your local fire or police frequency? there's some kind of fire in my development and I want the inside scoop. thx.

fyi right now I'm trying broadcastify.com

I just use the scanner radio app on android. Will let you select a station anywhere or locally. Works well for me. IDK any online ones.

Most of the apps use Broadcastify behind the scenes, and it was a commercial spin off of RadioReference.com.

Whether or not you can listen, and how much you can listen to, is not only a matter of someone bothering to feed a service like BF but also whether or not the local agency went to digital and then encryption during their mandated changes to lower on-air bandwidth.

Majority these days are digital in larger organizations, with a subset having gone fully encrypted.

The debate rages as to whether or not public entities should always be allowed to encrypt or should be open with the ability for press and public that pays the bills, to monitor.

Most agencies today will be unencrypted except for tactical or undercover ops.

Many encrypted agencies will sell/program encrypted radios for use by the press but not to the general public.

Since you mentioned it's a fire, FD often run a local channel that's not connected to the infrastructure of the dispatcher as a "tactical" frequency when on-scene and only command tragic passes through the dispatch infrastructure. It can only be received if you're close enough to the fire scene and most internet feeders houses and receive sites, aren't. Most don't bother with rebroadcasting "TAC" frequency traffic.

Back