Online Charts

weirdjim

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
weirdjim
Is there a comprehensive URL any place that lists all the pay, share, and free sites that have either/both IFR and VFR charts in electronic format? I'm more than willing to toss a few bucks into the coffee fund rather than pay big bucks for something that goes out of date in a month or so.

Platform here is Ipad

Thanks,

Jim :cornut:

Last edited:
Is there a comprehensive URL any place that lists all the pay, share, and free sites that have either/both IFR and VFR charts in electronic format? I'm more than willing to toss a few bucks into the coffee fund rather than pay big bucks for something that goes out of date in a month or so.

Platform here is Ipad

Jim,

No comprehensive iPad reference that I know of, though if you check out Max Trescott's web site he seems to keep a good eye on what's available.

The $75/year subscription to ForeFlight is the best value, IMHO - All-you-can-eat VFR & IFR charts, plates, diagrams, and airport data in a very well-designed app.

If you want free, NACO is giving away the charts for free now - See threads on that elsewhere. It'll require more work to get them onto the iPad, and you won't get any of the additional flight-planning tools or weather/filing services available with ForeFlight, but hey, it's free. Some people will sacrifice anything for free!

Jim Nacomaic.com is great for approach charts. Free and covers the entire US as for Sectionals and Low alitiude enroutes I don't know.

Platform here is Ipad

Thanks,

Jim :cornut:

I assume you know about the FAA site, yes?

Jim,

No comprehensive iPad reference that I know of, though if you check out Max Trescott's web site he seems to keep a good eye on what's available.

Some people will sacrifice anything for free!

I roamed Max's site and saw nothing about charts.

I'm one of the sacrificial freebie types. :cheerswine:

Jim

> Nacomaic.com is great for approach charts. Free and covers the entire US as for
> Sectionals and Low alitiude enroutes

I shutdown the NACOmatic website due to:

- Declining donations
- General uncertainty re: FlightPrep's patent litigation.

The content continues to be available via DVD.

Frankly; FF is one heck of a deal for iPad users.

Last edited:
I'm happy user of SkyCharts Pro. $20 per year buys you VFR/TAC/IFR moving charts with flight planning functionality close to sky vector.com, shows nearby airports, A/FD right there and METAR/TAF. http://skycharts.net/
And it comes with outstanding support - developer answers to the questions very quick, adds new features regulary and listen to suggestions.

Back