One Year Ago Today

Mrs. SixPapaCharlie

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Eren
It's hard to believe that one year ago today, I became a chauffeured woman.

For the past year, I have only had to say the words, "I'd like some breakfast . . . . or to see the sunset . . . . or eat some BBQ," and I have had my very own pilot willing to make it happen. It's been quite a convenience. So maybe I meant heading to the kitchen to whip up some toast, but before I know it, an hour later, we're eating at the Beacon Cafe. I don't have to go in the backyard to see the sunset, I get flown to see it. (Or honestly, I get to see most of the sunset while we pre-flight the plane, then we catch the last few minutes of it airborne.) No longer do I have to mess with mundane things like eating at the Hard 8 twenty minutes from my house. Instead, I get to drive 15 minutes to the airport for a 40 minute flight and then walk 10 minutes to the Hard 8 in Stephenville. Obviously, this has really come in handy.

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I could go for a nice glass of wine. No box of Franzia for me, my friends! This pilot of mine will be jetting me and his family down to Fredericksburg this weekend for some vino. Sure, I've had to wait a while to enjoy it, but let's look past that.

Seriously though, 1 year ago today, Bryan got his PPL, and I had no idea how much I would enjoy him having it -as well as flying in general. When he started lessons, I was supportive because I knew it was something he'd always wanted. Then I started tagging along, since that was about the only way to see him those months. Somewhere along the way, it has become really fun for us both.

Congrats on your first year, 6PC. Looking forward to where we will go with it in future years.
d2dbddb8-6cff-4971-8d1f-5dba72c4a86d_zps46a54624.jpg

So Eren, when will we be celebrating your temporary certificate :D

Congrats. On a separate note, 6pc looks like Bradley Cooper and Paul Rudd.

Congrats. Can't wait to get my ticket! Couple of months away or so.

-Brian

oh if it's a box of franzia you want, I know this great little grocery store just about an hour flight from here where we can pick 1 up ;)

In the flying world maybe a little like Kyle Franklin.

Say, can you talk to my wife - she just says I spend to much on "that other woman in our relationship"...

(Congrats!)

I think I just threw up in my mouth.

You obviously haven't met me if you think it's NICE to meet me.

Ask around. :D

Congratulations to both of you! Now get to work on that X-wing certificate.

Congrats,glad your both enjoying the flying.

You obviously haven't met me if you think it's NICE to meet me.

Ask around. :D

Ignore him. He's mostly harmless.... Just feed him a pulled pork BBQ sandwich.

I think I see in the future his-and-hers aircraft?

or he keeps the ratty TB9 and you get the sexy Cirrus?

I've heard the Mile High Club is the standard 1 year anniversary ritual.

Congrats 6PC

I've heard the Mile High Club is the standard 1 year anniversary ritual.....

....said no wife of a pilot ever.

but, I applaud you for starting a new trend in aviation!

You'll probably get more for the kids. But that would be wrong... then again if you both have planes you can visit.
Eh, I'd be wary. My mom put a "free to a good home" sticker on my forehead at a garage sale when I was young.

No one took advantage of the offer. Their loss.

Eh, I'd be wary. My mom put a "free to a good home" sticker on my forehead at a garage sale when I was young.

No one took advantage of the offer. Their loss.
I have a feeling people in need of field workers or drug smugglers don't go to garage sales. But sorry you didn't get taken. Im sure it hurt the self esteem

Ya think I have a shot?!?!??
Idk, he was looking for female friends. Something to do with pink pillows. I'm sure if you sweet talk you might get somewhere. But you have to give him a headset and it must be top of the line

I'm sure he could go for a bit of curry hole to furry hole action to warm things up.

Congrats on a year, looks like its time for a hard 8 lunch run.:goofy:

Back