One of the silliest looking gadgets for a dog

I'm betting that is not going to be a huge seller. :rolleyes2:

I'm betting that is not going to be a huge seller. :rolleyes2:

I love the marketing:
Previously, pet owners who want to fly at altitude with their canine family members have had few choices. This has all changed thanks to Aerox® who have developed an aviation based supplemental oxygen system for pets. An estimated 60 million households have pets and many of those households fly and own aircraft
With only what, 500,000 pilots, some of whom have pets, few of whom probaby fly at altitude with such pets ... oh well, I do love the entrepreneurial spirit of people who come up with these ideas. I wish them the best of luck! :cheers:

I saw those at Oshkosh, as well as the versions that are basically an Elizabethan collar.

I don't use them, but obviously it wouldn't make sense with 20+ dogs in a plane of varying sizes. I follow the same rules the FAA imposes for human passengers - keep cabin pressures at or below 15,000 ft for continuous flight. This works out well as even the 310 only does well up there with a full load in the middle of winter (naturally aspirated).

Let's say that we got something like a Cessna 404 Titan (that's on Cloud Nine's wish list...) and actually had turbos. I really can't invision a need to go above 15,000 ft very often. Few piston aircraft (especially the engines) are truly optimized for flying at the altitudes where O2 is required for passengers, and those ones that are are pressurized for the most part.

Its a muzzle.. Geez..

BUT... i wonder how well the dog can breathe without the o2 flowing.

Much like the Elizabethan collar version (the plastic cone that's not Silence), there are holes in the muzzle for the exhale, so they should be able to breathe anyway - it's just supplemental O2 for the dog.

I'm waiting to see it on late night tv along with the ShamWow!

You'd probably have to duct tape the dog's front legs so s/he doesn't tear the thing off. In any event, taking a dog up so high that it needs O2 is unwise -- think about the volume of gas in a dog's gut and Boyle's law and what's between all that gas and the pressure relief orifice. If you decide to do this anyway, I recommend doing it in a Grumman, so you can crack the canopy open for rapid and effective ventiliation (BTDT).

Last edited:
You'd probably have to duct tape the dog's front legs so s/he doesn't tear the thing off. In any event, taking a dog up so high that it needs O2 is unwise -- think about the volume of gas in a dog's gut and Boyle's law and what's between all that gas and the pressure relief orifice. If you decide to do this anyway, I recommend doing it in a Grumman, so you can crack the canopy open for rapid and effective ventiliation (BTDT).

In operating with 20+ dogs at a time at varying altitudes with approximately 750 dogs and cats transported in total, I find that, while various smells excreted are frequent at altitude, humans are just as good at excreting smells of similar if not more severe nature. ;)

In operating with 20+ dogs at a time at varying altitudes with approximately 750 dogs and cats transported in total, I find that, while various smells excreted are frequent at altitude, humans are just as good at excreting smells of similar if not more severe nature. ;)
True, although humans are generally better at controlling the release, and can at least warn you in time to open all the cabin vents.

Kind of makes your dog look like Hannibal Lector

hanniballecter.jpg

Back