One of many milestones met

KaiGywer

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
KaiGywer
So met my first "non training related" milestone today after a 1.9hr XC with a friend. I know have 100.4 total time :) Only 1399.6 to go...

Awesome!

Where did you go?

Looks like a fun circle :)
I suppose you just followed that cute little creek up to 5C8 ;) How did you navigate to HZE?

Actually I had a friend whose family farm is about 20 miles SE of 5C8 so I followed the magenta line to a lake nearby and then circled the farm a few times before going D-> 5C8 D-> KHZE D-> 95D D-> KBIS. Although at least on the 95D-KBIS leg I knew where I was going and just pointed the plane at a hill on the horizon :)

Can't beat the magenta-line navigation! I wanted to practice VOR on my last XC but #2 went inop just before TO so I used the CDI with GPS. I had ForeFlight for convenience and backup and a couple fresh batteries in a hiking GPS in the flight bag. It's nice to know you have GPS backup for your backup GPS in case your primary GPS fails on a route that... actually I could just navigate by looking out the window and following the highways towards the prominent peaks. :p

Back