One of a kind Cozy.

Don't we all want our aircraft to go to a good home when we sell them? For a one of a kind aircraft the seller seems to have a lot of restrictions. Good luck.

Don't we all want our aircraft to go to a good home when we sell them? For a one of a kind aircraft the seller seems to have a lot of restrictions. Good luck.

As I read between the lines, I think he's more concerned that it doesn't get flailed against the ground at 200 kts followed by a call from the widow's lawyer.

Frank is my hangar neighbor. He loves that Cozy. I don't think this is a liability thing. I saw him a couple of weeks ago and he didn't mention wanting to put it up for sale. He and his wife also have a Mooney, though.

There's a scene in the Foot Fist Way where the lead character is selling his Ferrari. he's interviewing the buyer who says "I've always wanted one, I can't afford it and my wife says she's leaving if I buy it" he sells it to him.

It is. I saw it up in the hanger at RHP years ago when he owned it.
Was Copperhill too short for him or did he live closer to RHP? I managed to get into Copperhill in my Lancair and met Greg, got a ride to his shop and had my BMA EFIS serviced a few years back.

Was Copperhill too short for him or did he live closer to RHP? I managed to get into Copperhill in my Lancair and met Greg, got a ride to his shop and had my BMA EFIS serviced a few years back.

Not sure. Makes sense though. That hanger at 1A3 isn't all that big either. I believe his panel started out BMA but now I think it's GRT.

Met a few of his former employees in the local area as well. They said Greg is a brilliant guy and they had a great thing going for awhile. Just seemed like QC / reliability issues did them in. I have 3 BMA displays. I guess when they fail I'll have to upgrade to Dynon.

Not sure. Makes sense though. That hanger at 1A3 isn't all that big either. I believe his panel started out BMA but now I think it's GRT.

Met a few of his former employees in the local area as well. They said Greg is a brilliant guy and they had a great thing going for awhile. Just seemed like QC / reliability issues did them in. I have 3 BMA displays. I guess when they fail I'll have to upgrade to Dynon.

I knew Greg from 15 years ago. Very bright guy.

Much more of a developer/inventor than an executor/production guy.

He and BMA pushed a number of products right up to Beta test stage. Unfortunately, that seemed to be where development ended. Lots of things worked brilliantly. Most of the time.

Seems to be more of a curio to my mind. Kinda of like those guys that cram a 1000hp engine into a Fiat 500 just for the sake of doing it. It goes far beyond just not being practical but crossed over into stupid territory. Good luck getting anything close to adequate insurance for it without forking over a ton of money every year.

Back