One more item checked off the list.

lancie00

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
lancie00
I got 88% on my IFR written yesterday. Just like everyone else, I was hoping for better but I'm still 18% "to the good." Now I just have to get the flying done but between weather and schedules, it seems to be slow going.

For those of you wondering, I used Sporty's online course. I am very happy with the results but don't expect it to teach you everything you need to know. Basically, it's structured to get you to pass the test, although there were a couple questions that I had never seen before. If you know nothing about IFR flying, you'll be doing a lot of learning on your own. I'd recommend the FAA Instrument Flying Handbook. I was lucky because I went through a 141 ground school many years ago so I already knew a lot, I just needed a refresher course.

I got 88% on my IFR written yesterday. Just like everyone else, I was hoping for better but I'm still 18% "to the good." Now I just have to get the flying done but between weather and schedules, it seems to be slow going.

For those of you wondering, I used Sporty's online course. I am very happy with the results but don't expect it to teach you everything you need to know. Basically, it's structured to get you to pass the test, although there were a couple questions that I had never seen before. If you know nothing about IFR flying, you'll be doing a lot of learning on your own. I'd recommend the FAA Instrument Flying Handbook. I was lucky because I went through a 141 ground school many years ago so I already knew a lot, I just needed a refresher course.

Good job. How long ago was that 141 school? Was it all refresher, or had much changed since then.

Good job. How long ago was that 141 school? Was it all refresher, or had much changed since then.

I took my original ground school back in 1991. Most of it was exactly the same but NO ADF!!! That's a good thing. Also there was all of the GPS approaches and requirements that I needed to learn but that wasn't too bad. I also spend a lot more time on weather and maps but I didn't have a good grasp on them last time either. All in all, it is almost the same.

Back