One more hooked.

Missa

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
AsGoodAsCake
Shane (my SO) wanted to take Cassie (his daughter) up in the plane for a short flight sometime close to her B-day. Both to ensure she was ok with it in preparation for the wings fly-b-q and to get his ex ok with it too. As it happened he was going to take her out to dinner tonight on her B-day. Since it looked like it was going to be great weather to take her on her first flight, we decided to meet at ZER which is close to her house. He drove up from Harrisburg, I flew down from IPT and her mom brought her over to the airport. As I landed and the moment arrived, she was not so sure about going for an airplane ride. So for a while we just looked over the airplane and I showed her how things worked. Then with some convincing that is was not more scary then the coasters at Knobbles.. she climbed in the back seat. We took of and did one pattern. All apprehension about flying was left on the ground. We stopped and told Mom that she thought it was great to fly and then we took off again and flew over both of her grandparents’ houses and her school. She took lots of pictures. We went back to the airport and said good-bye. They went off to dinner and I went back to Williamsport before I turned into a pumpkin (club rules: No VFR night flight w/o an instrument rating). When I spoke to Shane after he dropped her back off he said that on the way in and out of the restaurant she was sticking her arms out to the sides and making airplane noises. :D :yes: :D :yes: :D I think she'll do just fine for the upcoming trip to the Wings Fly-b-q!

Missa

Attachments

• DSC00857.JPG
    DSC00857.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 21
  • DSC00859.JPG
    DSC00859.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 15
  • DSC00860.JPG
    DSC00860.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 18
So then, you need to get your IR so you can show this young peach all the wonderful fascinations of flying. Some of which, you're still missing out on!

So then, you need to get your IR so you can show this young peach all the wonderful fascinations of flying. Some of which, you're still missing out on!

Working on it.... problem is in Williamsport it's hard to find a CFII.

That's how we get them .. one at a time.

Yea, one at a time. Funny thing is that Dad has no intrest what-so-ever right now. He just can't figure out how I can navigate by pilotage. However he's a dedicated passenger and that's just fine by me. No sharing of the PIC time! :rolleyes:

Missa

Good on you Missa. now hopefully you will do here proud with the contests.

The best comments to hear after that first trip around the pattern from someone who is apprehensive is "can we go around again"

Working on it.... problem is in Williamsport it's hard to find a CFII.
What ya do is provide Ed or Tony a couple weeks of good home-cooked meals sometime this summer and during the day they put ya through the ringer to get the IR done. :)

What ya do is provide Ed or Tony a couple weeks of good home-cooked meals sometime this summer and during the day they put ya through the ringer to get the IR done. :)

I actually offered a 99 from MI that. She was a collage student and she had just finished her CFII. I offered her a free place to live and 3 IR students. Me, My boss and a co-worker Erik who just needs to finish up. But she already had a summer job.

Only problem with homecooked meals is the state of my kitchen. If microwaving can be considered 'home' cooking then I'm good.

Missa

Good job! Isn't it thrilling to watch a young'un get his/her first taste of flight?

Good job! Isn't it thrilling to watch a young'un get his/her first taste of flight?

Kinda... I like looking at the pictures but I'm really to busy flying the plane to watch. My passengers seem to enjoy it too.

Missa

Kinda... I like looking at the pictures but I'm really to busy flying the plane to watch. My passengers seem to enjoy it too.

Missa

Yea, it would be difficult when she's behind you. When they're beside you it's hard to miss their reaction. Their exitement is extremely contagious. :D

Back