One Hit Wonders

:confused: I remember them well.

Me also, (good band albeit not great). I didn't know/remember that they were from Illinois.

We won't discuss the crude locker room joke when they first arrived on the scene.
:goofy:

I just remember that it seemed like Head East was the opening act for every single band to come to Omaha during the mid-late 70s. I never went to any, just heard the radio ads all the time.

Heh - I liked them. A lot of bar bands in my day used to cover Train, Train. Highway Song is just too long.

How about The Outlaws?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R82OM5tzcrk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Now I'm giving away a lot of what I used to listen to.

Edit: forgot, they weren't one-hitters either. D'oh!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5ptavYnUBM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

My Dad sat in on a gig the Outlaws had. The drummer became ill and they needed a drummer. Someone knew of my Dad and they called him. He said it was a good time but not his style music.

Tony

My Dad sat in on a gig the Outlaws had. The drummer became ill and they needed a drummer. Someone knew of my Dad and they called him. He said it was a good time but not his style music.

Tony

The Outlaws usually have two drummers...that would be a tough gig to sit in on...your dad must be a good player!

I have seen them three or four times...they are a tight band.

The Outlaws usually have two drummers...that would be a tough gig to sit in on...your dad must be a good player!

I have seen them three or four times...they are a tight band.

This was in Oklahoma City, this happened. He taught himself how to play. Everyone in the family played something. From his dad, brother and sister. they traveled playing, my mom hated him for it and divorced him over it.
I have a pic of his dad holding his trumpet, behind that pic I found a pic of Gary Cooper that was autographed to him, I still have this pic.

Tony

If anyone would happen to have any pics of this concert my Dad played with the outlaws I would love to see them.

Tony

When you guys listened to these, were they on the original litho etchings or had the phonograph been invented yet?

Some of the nastiest freakin' ear worms ever encountered were created by this thread!

Back