One down two to go

Don Jones

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
DJones
I finally decided to get with the program and get my CFI done. I took the FOI
test this afternoon and passed with a 98. :cheerswine: I was sorta bummed. I took 5 practice tests last night and scored 100 on all of them, oh well I will take it. Now to bone up on the FIA and AGI writtens which I will do at the same time. On a funny note, after the written I had a job offer from the school's owner. I told them I would see after I get it all done.

Any advise on the practical test anyone? That one kinda worries me since it will be my first with an FAA examiner. I know it is too soon to start worrying about it, thought I might get that out of the way as well, lol. :rofl:

Don

Wow Don, that's pretty impressive - Ive only read about the foi stuff, it seemed pretty other-worldly to me.
Good luck on this journey.

Way to go, Don! I need to get with the program too and finish the initial CFI I started several years ago. Thing is, I don't see any money in it yet I still think it a worthwhile goal. Don't mean to burst your bubble, but the FOI written is easy. The hard part is putting it altogether in the cockpit with an examiner who has spent years fine tuning his ability to play the dumb student.Can we look forward to progress reports?

Richard said:
Way to go, Don! I need to get with the program too and finish the initial CFI I started several years ago. Thing is, I don't see any money in it yet I still think it a worthwhile goal. Don't mean to burst your bubble, but the FOI written is easy. The hard part is putting it altogether in the cockpit with an examiner who has spent years fine tuning his ability to play the dumb student.Can we look forward to progress reports?

Yea it is pretty easy, that is why I was **ssed not getting a 100. Last night I did the entire question bank and got all of them right. Did one of those misread the answer things today and missed one. Yes I will do progress reports. I will probably do the other 2 writtens next week.

You should get going and finish yours. No you ain't gonna get rich doing it but any excuse to fly works for me, lol Besides I really enjoy teaching stuff I am
really crazy about. I don't care to land an airline job and I bellieve I can be
a really good instructor.
Don

Don Jones said:
I finally decided to get with the program and get my CFI done. I took the FOI
test this afternoon and passed with a 98. :cheerswine: I was sorta bummed. I took 5 practice tests last night and scored 100 on all of them, oh well I will take it. Now to bone up on the FIA and AGI writtens which I will do at the same time. On a funny note, after the written I had a job offer from the school's owner. I told them I would see after I get it all done.

Any advise on the practical test anyone? That one kinda worries me since it will be my first with an FAA examiner. I know it is too soon to start worrying about it, thought I might get that out of the way as well, lol. :rofl:

Don

My FAA examiner thought it would be a nice distraction to do the whole flight without headsets... he does all of them that way.

Dave Krall CFII said:
My FAA examiner thought it would be a nice distraction to do the whole flight without headsets... he does all of them that way.

Of course, why should he care about hearing loss. His is probably gone already!

Dave Krall CFII said:

I would consider that a CRM teaching opportunity test. You know, "We wear headsets because accurate and timely communications if very important." IOW, he wanted to see if you'd take a student mistake and turn it into a learning opportunity. Apparently everyone you know fails that item.;)

Dave Krall CFII said:

I think that would be a "I am ze PIC yoo vill do az I zay!" moment.

N2212R said:
I think that would be a "I am ze PIC yoo vill do az I zay!" moment.

I hear you and Lance too... (actually I only see your writing)

Of course, I mentioned the safety advantages of using the headsets over mics, etc. but he would not have them at all. Interesting FAA guy from our FSDO.

It actually did turn out to be a good learning experience during that initial CFI checkflight in the end and will no doubt add to the business of my local hearing aid people sometime in the future. Maybe he holds their stock...

Back