On-field hotel - north TX or OK?

dans2992

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Dans2992
Looking for an airport with on-field hotel or courtesy car for overnight stop in north TX or OK. Any ideas?

Basically, I’m looking for a quick and easy overnight pit stop with the family.

Make it fun. Go to cedar Mills rent a cabin next to the runway. 3T0. That have a restaurant. It's great.

Edit: Don't know if that bird in your avatar will land on a 3000 ft grass strip.

KDFW is a really popular airport with hotels on site.

Looking for an airport with on-field hotel or courtesy car for overnight stop in north TX or OK. Any ideas?

Basically, I’m looking for a quick and easy overnight pit stop with the family.
Tons of airports have courtesy cars, or hotels within easy rideshare hops. Do you want to do something while you're there, or just have a decent stop? Is this just an overnight stop enroute from one place to another? Routing around all the military airspace out here might tip things one direction or another depending on your routing.

Without knowing your route, I’d hit Wiley Post Airfield (PWA) in OKC; hotels real close by, but not on the airfield.

Last edited:
Ok, I’ll look into these. Yeah, my plane is not approved for grass, unfortunately… ;)

I thought I had heard about some airport where you can taxi right up to the hotel, but maybe I’m mis-remembering.

Make it fun. Go to cedar Mills rent a cabin next to the runway. 3T0. That have a restaurant. It's great.

Edit: Don't know if that bird in your avatar will land on a 3000 ft grass strip.

KDFW is a really popular airport with hotels on site.
It’s funny, when I did a google search for this, all I got was suggestions for DFW… ;)

Ok, I’ll look into these. Yeah, my plane is not approved for grass, unfortunately… ;)

I thought I had heard about some airport where you can taxi right up to the hotel, but maybe I’m mis-remembering.
You might be thinking of Beaumont Hotel airport, 07S, east of Wichita, KS. But that's also grass.

Are you thinking about this place? A bit out of your way, unfortunately... https://www.hangarhotel.com/

Explicitly anti-children. OP said family, certainly a factor if <18 are involved.

I still don't recommend the hotel in principle, the hobby is exclusionary enough as it is; but that's my personal crusade, not germane to the OP so I'll bow out.

Fredericksburg, Tx west of Austin. T82 identifier

Explicitly anti-children. OP said family, certainly a factor if <18 are involved.

I still don't recommend the hotel in principle, the hobby is exclusionary enough as it is; but that's my personal crusade, not germane to the OP so I'll bow out.
Oh, yeah! That was the one.

Man, it sucks that it’s “18+ only”. My 14 year old would like it and she’s not going to be screaming like a 2 year old, so if that’s what they’re trying to do with the “18+” stuff…. They are losing business.

I`m also looking for some nice on-field hotels in the Mid-East / East side. Coming in on a ferry flight over the Atlantic and going to Florida. Any suggestion is highly appreciated. Cheap fuel stops would also be nice.
Hotels preferably Hilton/Marriott because of status but it's not a dealbreaker.

Back