On airport diners

frfly172

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
ron keating
Taking my aircraft north this coming week end. Looking for on airport diners for breakfast or lunch,going from Fla to Ma. Any ideas? Thanks Ron

Blue Skies Grille at PVG is pretty good.

Also Runway Cafe at South Jersey (VAY) is good.

KBID on Block Island.

I'm gonna try that over the summer.

As for the OP: You need to visit 51J (Lake City) in SC. One of the absolute best lunches I've had, let alone at a fly-in location. The Patio Restaurant there is phenomenal. That said, they just redid their entire menu and refurbished the restaurant, but I'm sure it's just as good. Has a nice seating area outside and a great small town feel.

Pick n Pig at 5NC3 (Carthage, NC) Closed Monday.

SJS Big Sandy Regional in KY. Probably out of your way though. Good food nonetheless.

Charly's at Williamsburg VA (KJGG)
Kay's at Cambridge MD (KCGE) (closed Wed.)
Arena's at Georgetown DE (KGED) (10 cents/gal off your fuel bill with lunch receipt).

All on field, all excellent food.

Want to thank all for their in put. Will post on end of trip.

I like to fly out there from DXR for breakfast. They do an Eggs Benedict with crab cakes instead of English muffins. Really good!

Damn! That sounds amazing. I'll probably do something like head out there early on a Saturday, fish for a few hours, and then head to the restaurant.

That's if I can figure out a good place to rent from that doesn't have too many restrictions on hours/booking. Flying with a club has me spoiled!

....You need to visit 51J (Lake City) in SC. One of the absolute best lunches I've had, let alone at a fly-in location. The Patio Restaurant there is phenomenal. That said, they just redid their entire menu and refurbished the restaurant, but I'm sure it's just as good. Has a nice seating area outside and a great small town feel.

hhmmmff, I think I might wanna check this out!

Back