Omissions on a medical a decade and a half ago as a teenager, never flew

M

Misses Mister

So like a decade and a half ago I got a medical as a teenager (whatever the bare minimum age was, I don't recall), and didn't disclose *any* history, mostly out of ignorance of my own issues (nobody really told me if I had any formal diagnoses, and it was always framed in a "positive" way) and not understanding at all the gravity of the certification process. What I should have reported was extensive (over the course of years) grief counseling and psychiatric treatment after loss of a close relative when I was quite young. I also had issues like minor childhood asthma, seasonal allergies, digestion troubles. I *never* ended up getting any airman certificates, only flying a few times with instructors, but now I find myself greatly interested and there would be obvious discrepancies between any form I submit now and that of ~15 years' past. Should I just give up on aviation or try to correct this somehow? I'm in good mental and physical health and I take zero medication (and haven't for years). Will they want to see my records from 15 years ago that no longer exist, if I were to require special issuance for prior childhood psych history? Thanks.

What year did you get your medical and how long did it last? If your medical was still valid after July 14, 2006, then you could use Basic Med (google it) and not need to submit any medical info to the FAA. Your old medical has long since expired, so the FAA can no longer revoke it.

The FAA will want all previous records. Regardless of the availability of said records, the FAA will investigate anew that which you report. Your case sounds doable so don't give up. Seek the counsel of an AME to help you present your case. Once you have applied the FAA will outline the steps you need to take.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back