OMG...How Did ANYONE Survive??

Thats a normal day in Nebraska. Give me a real challenge!

:D

as an aside, I wonder if the geniuses doing graphics think about whether or not the graphics cover up anything signficant on the picture or video. Probably not, what could possibly be more important than the graphics?

Must've been a slow news day.

as an aside, I wonder if the geniuses doing graphics think about whether or not the graphics cover up anything signficant on the picture or video. Probably not, what could possibly be more important than the graphics?
Even more surprising is that it appears no one recognized the visual distortion created by the long lens that captured the images which makes the planes appear to be flying much more slowly than they really were. That coupled with the standard illusion of slow motion created by large airplane profiles is what gave rise to the talking head's comment about the planes barely moving due to the strong crosswinds. I can understand that the newsies don't have the aviation experience to realize that strong crosswinds don't cause airplanes to land slower but you'd think that with their long involvement with camera optics they'd at least know about foreshortening.

I would like my minute back. Also, my I borrow a baseball bat :)

Now that's xwind, or at least news worthy

Last edited:
THOSE are extreme maneuvers? Since when? I was doing that as a student pilot in the cherokee during xwind landings before I had double digit hours in the logbook. What's the big deal?

but you'd think that with their long involvement with camera optics they'd at least know about foreshortening.

But making a connection to anything like that would violate Journalism 101 chapter 1 section 2: Reality is unimportant, lie lie lie lie lie, and section 3: and make up total nonsense and tell it as if it is uncontroversial proven fact and you are the top expert in the field.

Last edited:
Back