Omaha People- Sport Pilot Locations??

IowaMatt

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Matt
Hello.

I am an aspiring pilot working on my Sport Pilot. I just got off the phone with my flight instructor and the owner of the light sport aircraft I train on is moving it out of the state. I currently have about 14 hours of flight time in with Advanced Air out of KCBF but can no longer do it there since they are discontinuing their sport pilot.

Does anybody know locations around the Omaha area where I can resume my training? It is my preference to keep on the sport pilot track.

Hoping there are some Omaha experts who can chime in...

All my best,
Matt

The only flight schools I'm aware of right now are Advanced Air and Pro-Flite in Millard. FNG at Eppley is gone. I don't see any LSA trainers on the schedule list for Millard. Maybe you could switch to Recreational Pilot?

Frank Cuba, (pronounced suba) Litewings Aircraft can keep you going LSA.

http://www.litewings.com/home.html

He is in Columbus, but can meet you anywhere. Great guy, exceptional instructor. Call him, he might know of someone closer, or you might do like I did and drive to his place for instruction. He will get it knocked out for you fast.

In KLNK, there's a Skycatcher at Performance Flight Training. It's a bit of a drive. Ask for Tristan.

In KLNK, there's a Skycatcher at Performance Flight Training. It's a bit of a drive. Ask for Tristan.

Tristan is a peach of a person and a great instructor. She is a member of POA also. :D

Her screen name is Tristar.

Last edited:
Thank you so much all my Nebraska friends :). I will research these options. Also, if any other members have any input that would be as valued.

All my best,
Matt

Thank you so much all my Nebraska friends :). I will research these options. Also, if any other members have any input that would be as valued.

All my best,
Matt

Matt, seriously is your real name Ken and your wife's name Barbie? :D

You guys make a great looking couple.

Welcome both to POA.

I can get you done as a private pilot in LNK for less money then many of the "sport pilot" options.

I can get you done as a private pilot in LNK for less money then many of the "sport pilot" options.

Thank you so much. But really need to try and look at a Sport Pilot solution.

Best,
Matt

Hi Matt,

We do have a Cessna Skycatcher in Lincoln. We just acquired it brand new from Cessna in December. Please feel free to snoop around our website. http://www.flyperformance.com/flight_training/aircraft-rentals

I know Lincoln is quite a drive from you which adds to the cost and time. I'd be glad to show you the airplane and answer any questions you have though. I'd also be happy to take you on a discovery flight just to see if it'd be something you're interested in.

I didn't know council bluffs was stopping sport. That's sad considering the sport license and the airplanes are usually a little cheaper than the 172s. That and of course Sport opens up options for people who didn't have options before.

Let me know if you need anything!
Tristan

Thank you very much everybody :). I have nothing but grattitude for all the advice. I think I have a workable solution to continue my training.

Again, all my thanks.

Best,
Matt

Thank you very much everybody :). I have nothing but grattitude for all the advice. I think I have a workable solution to continue my training.

Again, all my thanks.

Best,
Matt

Is obtaining a medical an issue? Just wondering why you absolutely dont want to go the ppl route.

Updates required! :)

I'll be heading out to Lincoln to check things out. I've done a few rounds in a Cessna 150 and it might be a little easier to learn the feel of the 162 they have.

All my best,
Matt

Back