Olympic Hockey Bet

JeffDG

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
JeffDG
http://olympic.ca/2014/04/01/canada...erican-beer-after-winning-olympic-hockey-bet/

aprilsfool-01.png

A bet between Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper and U.S. President Barack Obama had beer on the line, with the winning country receiving a case of the opponent’s chosen brew.

“We were a little disappointed, to be honest,” Canada’s ambassador to Washington Gary Doer said upon seeing the two cases of White House brewed Honey Ale and Honey Porter awaiting him at the Canadian embassy.

“My staff and I kind of looked at each other thinking, ‘I thought we were getting beer, eh.’ We had no idea what to do with this mishmash of boiled homegrown honey.”
Only upside to this is that a variety of sorry cards are readily available at Canadian embassies worldwide as a standard for whenever Canadian diplomatic staff feels the need to politely back out of anything. One budgetary expert estimates 0.07% of Canada’s GDP is spent on apologetic stationary.

Best beer I tasted in B.C. was from California, and I only tasted it after I asked the bartender for his favorite IPA

Back