Old Vertigo Episodes

U

Unregistered

I am just getting started with flight training, and I am getting ready to go for my medical exam.

I have concerns about how the following will affect my ability to obtain a medical certificate:

In 1993, when I was about 25 years old, I had approximately 5 to 8 episodes of vertigo over a period of about 6 months, which would come on without warning and last less than 30 seconds. I went to an ENT doctor, received a number of tests (including an MRI), but to my recollection, received no diagnosis. The doctor basically said he could not find anything wrong, and thought it might be a migraine-like event (I don’t suffer from migraines).

I have not suffered any further episodes of vertigo and am otherwise in good health.

The way I read the application, this must be disclosed, regardless of the passage of time.

Will this result in a denial or deferral? If it results in a deferral, how long will it take to get resolved and what are the chances of it resolving favorably?

Thanks in advance for any advice/thoughts.

It was overwhelmingly viral. All the bad things it could be would have done their badness by now.

I would not be deferring this, in my office. I might want a note from the doc to satisfy Dr. Jackson, in Chicago, though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back