old medical records

U

Unregistered

Hello everyone:
In my high school years 19to 15 years ago I was seeing a psyciatrist for adhd and have reported it to the faa. They want records from me being treatment for it. Will my doctor if he isn't retired still have those records? I'm not really sure if he even still practices yet.

Hello everyone:
In my high school years 19to 15 years ago I was seeing a psyciatrist for adhd and have reported it to the faa. They want records from me being treatment for it. Will my doctor if he isn't retired still have those records? I'm not really sure if he even still practices yet.

I think there is only one way to find out.... give him a call.

-Skip

Most states have a 7 or a 10 year medical records act. The records may well be gone; call 'em up and see if he's still there? Most guys who haven't retired still have 'em all.

what happens if he can't get the records?

(note: not the original poster, just a lurker who hasn't registered for the PoA Forums yet)

Then he has to get a current psych evlauation to get the "diagnosis" debunked. That's why I say, you need to be the custodian of your own records.

The person himself is always the best custodian.

1995 was just about the first year of diagnosis databasing becoming widespread. I think they could.

What type of testing do you have to do to get cleared as an adult? Can you out grow it if it was legitimate as a teen?

No. It is a lifelong underlying information management problem. As you mature, you do develop personality workarounds that make the problem less apparent. But it is still there :(.

For the other question, see post #5.

No. It is a lifelong underlying information management problem. As you mature, you do develop personality workarounds that make the problem less apparent. But it is still there :(.

For the other question, see post #5.
Assuming he or she really had it in the first place. The criteria for psych diagnosis change with each new DSM so it would be interesting to see how the OP would be diagnosed under the current rules.

The reason the DSM is changing is that we now have more and more validated tests in each of the anatomic and operational areas of cognitivie function- and operationally ADD is now becoming defined as a siginificant disproportional mismatch of verbal and/or visual attention as comparted to the map of other and of overall neurocognitive function.

Test diagnostic improvements result in changes in disease definition indices; think Lupus and the Rhumatic Disease Primer of the American Rhumatological Assn in 1977, as well as the evolution of the NIH consensus definition of Unexplained Combined Immunodeficiency syndrome, to HIV Complex to HIV syndrome to Counting populations of OTK4 and OTK8 cells, to Straight retroviral serology.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back