Old issues coming to light - Update

U

Unregistered

As usual, I don't want to get into a great amount of detail here in a public forum, but the "too long; didn't read" version of the old thread is that recently, I discovered that some therapy that occurred on and off when I was a kid may be reportable, and I don't know how to go about correcting my record or reporting it. Some of you recommended that I forget about it. Except that if there was a diagnosis, I want to know about it. Not just for the sake of keeping my medical, but for my own peace of mind.

I discovered evidence in my parents' old records, indicating that I saw at least one LCSW and insurance paid. That must mean there was some kind of diagnosis, right? I've attempted to contact two of the places it may have occurred at. One says they purge all records after seven years, the other one indicates that they remember me, but probably don't have anything as they also purge records after seven years. I would've remembered if I was ever told I had a diagnosis of anything. I never was. It simply went to insurance and I went merrily along thinking that it wasn't reportable. Now I feel like a fool.

To add more confusion to the mix, before I left home, my parents committed a bunch of identity theft against me--they took out loans in my name, and made video rental and library card accounts in my name. I found out about this years later into my 20s when I tried to establish credit. Therefore, this could be a case of medical ID theft, although I'm inclined to doubt it. If there is any additional info in records I don't have access to, if my parents had anything to do it it's probably hidden or gone.

I thank everyone for the advice they gave in the other thread, but this is a can of worms that I don't want to ignore unless I know I can--if these records turn out to be irretrievable, what do I do?

As usual, I don't want to get into a great amount of detail here in a public forum, but the "too long; didn't read" version of the old thread is that recently, I discovered that some therapy that occurred on and off when I was a kid may be reportable, and I don't know how to go about correcting my record or reporting it.
Was any of this before 1995? That's a crucial date.
Some of you recommended that I forget about it. Except that if there was a diagnosis, I want to know about it. Not just for the sake of keeping my medical, but for my own peace of mind.

I discovered evidence in my parents' old records, indicating that I saw at least one LCSW and insurance paid. That must mean there was some kind of diagnosis, right? I've attempted to contact two of the places it may have occurred at. One says they purge all records after seven years, the other one indicates that they remember me, but probably don't have anything as they also purge records after seven years. I would've remembered if I was ever told I had a diagnosis of anything. I never was. It simply went to insurance and I went merrily along thinking that it wasn't reportable. Now I feel like a fool.
Well you're not alone.
To add more confusion to the mix, before I left home, my parents committed a bunch of identity theft against me--they took out loans in my name, and made video rental and library card accounts in my name. I found out about this years later into my 20s when I tried to establish credit. Therefore, this could be a case of medical ID theft, although I'm inclined to doubt it. If there is any additional info in records I don't have access to, if my parents had anything to do it it's probably hidden or gone.

I thank everyone for the advice they gave in the other thread, but this is a can of worms that I don't want to ignore unless I know I can--if these records turn out to be irretrievable, what do I do?
As I asked you in teh other thread, please EMAIL me. What I want to say I cannot publish. Learn how to email from this site, of hit my signature byline and do it through my website.

I put up an email here and nearly instantly started to get spam. I'm still trying to get of the list....of these guys who work spam from 858 W Armitage Ave, Chicago IL.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back