Old instruments wanted!!

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
A Judy said in Hangar Talk

Dear Friends,
I just found out that one of my former grad students and his whole family have just been through the ringer healthwise. I talked to his wife, and their young son has been in love with airplanes ever since I gave them all a ride a few years ago (he must be about 6 now). She asked if I knew where she could get old panel parts so he could play pilot. It sounds to me like what she'd like is like a desk-top simulator panel with all the controls and dials, although it could be a toy version.
Any help would be much appreciated.

So, what I've decided to do is this:
I have a junk GPS, junk ADF indicator and receving unit, junk nav/com, junk com, junk altimeter, junk CDI, and junk tachometer.
I am looking for any remaining instruments or parts to make up a "replica" panel for the boy.
Looking for deceased or inop:
Attitude Indicator
Turn Coordinator - or old style T/B
Directional Gyro
Airspeed Indicator
Vertical Speed Indicator
I would like to get a six pack panel done, and if anyone has an old throttle quadrant or vernier knobs for mix and throttle that would be great. Also need a yoke, although, I could make one out of some wood if I need to. If not, I will make up some with some parts from a hardware store. My plan is to build the panel out of plywood, and paint it, and mount everything in it. I am also going to see about getting some small DC motors and potentiometers to rig to the throttle so when operated it will show a change in RPM, and a small elctric fan to drive the ASI.

Thanks in advance,
PM or e-mail me if you have anything to donate.
Ed

Do you want radios? I have an old EDO comm with VOR (with tray and cable) that's just collecting dust. It works fine but has obsolete spacing and the upgrade isn't worth it.

Back