Old Flight Books & Stuff

HPNFlyGirl

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iBrookieMonster
I am in the process of cleaning out my flight bag, my room, my car and trying to declutter everything. So my question is what to do with all my old flight books, FAR/AIM's, old charts, Airport Facility Directors, etc., etc., etc? Do you keep them? Do you give them to someone who is interested in aviation, a young kid perhaps? Or do you just throw them out?

Last edited:
i use old charts to wrap birthday, new years, christmas, hannukah, etc etc etc gifts in <^;

Sue your a sick person,wait i do that too, Oh Well, Dave:)

/blushes

I've done that before... Used old outdated materials/info as filler in packages... It makes it interesting on the other end at times, if that person is interested in whatever it might be (the filler/cover that is) ...

Makes it easier to pass it along to someone else, rather than toss it into the trash or shredder or recycle bin...

I give old approach plates, charts (low and sectional) and AF/Ds to folks in the office who are really into MS Flight Simulator (or other simulators).

I also give old sectionals and TCA charts to the people I take for rides. I mark our route and various things of interest.

I have a bunch of old FAR/AIM books, mostly stuffed into the boxes that contain years and years of "AOPA Pilot" and "Flying". I did find one good use for old, printed FAR/AIM books when the kids were in high chairs. When the boys were a bit small for the high chair the FAR/AIM book was the right lenght and width to fit on the seat and the right thickness to boost the boys up to the attached table. I also did not care that the food that didn't make it to their mouths ended up on the book.

Len

P.S. Note - - - do not infer any level of disrespect for federal aviation regulations based on my use of old FAR/AIM books in this manner. :<)

Len

Back