Old DUI

U

Unregistered

I used to fly and got my private and instrument. I later decided I wasn't going to fly for a living and wanted to focus on finishing college. I received a DUI around a year after I had completely stopped flying. I did not report it and believe my medical was probably expired at the time. The lack of reporting was not due to me trying to hide something, but this was not a focal point in my life. I never received anything from the FAA or anyone else for that matter pertaining to my licenses.

The DUI was over six years ago and the arrest record was sealed. I did finish college and have a very good job now and believe I made the right choice. (not the DUI- that was a dumb choice).

I have recently become interested In flying recreationally and just talked to a medical examiner and was going to put everything down on the 8500-8. I was curious if anyone had any experience around these type of things or if flying is out of the cards for me now.

Wow, this is pretty amazing! There was another unreg who had exactly the same experience that you did, and posted at almost exactly the same time!

What are the odds of that happening? Tell me, what are the odds?

-Rich

That was my fault. Can I flag this for deletion or get rid of the duplicate myself?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back