Old aircraft records.

pmanton

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
N1431A
Is it possible to obtain the records for an aircraft that was deregistered in 1968? If so how do I go about obtaining them?

I owned an Aeronca Champ which I bought from a Navy flying club and kept at a Spanish Air Base. The plane was N2426E serial 7AC6005.

When I was appointed a Warrant Officer in 1967, I had to quickly sell the plane to another GI. It then went to a chap who was on the film crew of the movie The Battle of Britain.

It is presently in England as G-AWVN. I re-registered my present Champ as N2426E so ordering the CD-ROM will turn up the present 26E.:confused:

Both myself and the present owner in England would like to obtain the early history of the plane.

Thanks

Paul

What sort of records do you want? You could get the copies of 337's, accident reports, certification history, and the like from the FAA as described by Henning, above, but if it's the maintenance records ("logbooks"), they are probably long gone.

My Thanks to Henning.
I entered the N number with the old serial number and was told it would be a research item and I'd be billed later.

Cheers:

Paul

Back