Okay, so I posted my first landing at FLIB...

timwinters

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
LTD
...so I might as well post my last!

Saturday, 4-18-20. About two hours after I video'ed this, @Lowflynjack and Travis flew my longtime baby to Austin. Definitely a day of emotions.

The landing and take-off filmed from the ground (Gerri will never win any cinematographer awards!)

The landing and take-off filmed from the cockpit (and no, I wasn't underwater...don't know what the strange gurgling noise is).

It's a sweet airplane and a sweet grass strip! I'm confident that Travis will take as good of care of her as I did. Oh, and I did maintain visitation rights! :cool::rolleyes:

It was good to see you again and to meet Gerri. @Travis L loves the new addition to the family and we had a great, smooth flight home. We found some clouds when we got to Texas, as we expected. We made a quick stop for fuel and when we made it home there were storms 30 miles away, but we got the plane tucked safely in the hangar and headed out for some much needed rest.

You're right, it's in great hands!

Ditto to what Jack said. It was a great flight back and the 182 performed beautifully. I went out yesterday and cleaned off all the high flying bugs, pointed out to folks that I got back to T74 with the same amount of oil I left MO with (they're pretty sure something is wrong with the plane and suggested I have our mechanic fix that), and put together my tug / tried it out. I'm eager to go fly again, but will have to wait until tomorrow due to scout stuff with my son today after work. Fortunately, this whole week other than Wednesday looks great for flying.

I definitely plan to do my best to keep her in great shape while she's with me which means I will probably be hitting you up with questions every once in a while. :)

Travis, you bought a good one there.

Are we going to see some air-to-air photos of the 182?
I want to, but we’re going to have to figure out something with Travis and Tim in it... just doesn’t seem right without Tim.

Back