Okay, Now This Is Funny

Geico266

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Geico
My air worthiness certificate was looking a little ratty and faded so I called my local FSDO and asked them for a replacement. I talked to the receptionist who said just mail it in and they would process a new one in 3-14 days, and oh BTW you cannot fly the aircraft until the new one is received. :eek:

I told her that would not work and could I stop in and have it done over the counter if I made an appointment, as the old one was "faded so bad it is white instead of pink". :rolleyes:

The receptionist paused a minute and said they are all white except for experimentals. I did not know that. :redface::redface::redface: She laughed and said I guess pilots who only flew experimentals wouldn't know that. :redface::redface::redface:

Lesson learned, carry on. Geico now knows everything. :no:

Last edited:
The receptionists that I call at the FSDO hardly know their head from their *ss.

You're lucky.

Try this on for size...

I was giving a professional presentation and a bunch of FSdO showed up. I got to chatting with one before the training and said I was a pilot. He asked if I had even been ramp checked and I said no. He Then asked what airport I'm at and what's my tail number.

I was like uh yea right buddy. He was serious. I walked away.

What is really strange is she remembered my name from a plane I build and they registered 7 years ago! :eek:
Why everybody remembers the Gecko!! :) Oh wait ...

Try this on for size...

I was giving a professional presentation and a bunch of FSdO showed up. I got to chatting with one before the training and said I was a pilot. He asked if I had even been ramp checked and I said no. He Then asked what airport I'm at and what's my tail number.

You made a smart choice!
That sure sounds pretty crazy. Glad I didn't meet that guy.

At least you didn't walk into the bank to make a payroll deposit and find the gas bill in the bank bag instead....

Try this on for size...

It's lucky your name was not provided during that professional presentation you were giving or he'd be able to get that information anyway.

Try this on for size...

He was probably just yanking your chain.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back