OK, well, here's what went down. . . .

Paul Allen said:
Congrats Ben. Six hours in this heat, No dry T shirt here!
Tell me about it! I've got pictures, but I look like awful in them!

Congrats Ben; I knew you were well prepared.

Now that you got the rating, don't give up the Q&As or the exploits. You have great stories and ask some wonderful questions.

silver-eagle said:
Congrats Ben; I knew you were well prepared.

Now that you got the rating, don't give up the Q&As or the exploits. You have great stories and ask some wonderful questions.
Thanks!

Ron Levy said:
I should be surprised?
Thanks, Ron, for all of your help over the years, especially "Captain Ron Levy's Checkride Advice," which did me a world of good!

Ben, looks like your prayer was answered :)

But to paraphrase an old joke: how does one get to an IA rating? "Practice, practice, practice." You certainly did enough of that, so we all had no doubts about the outcome!

Big congrats!

So what will you obsess over now?

-Rich

P.S. I agree w/Troy's advice to go get some solo cloud time. Big mental difference knowing there's no CFII in the right seat. Now, that's a real confidence-builder!

Congratulations, Ben. I know you've been working toward this a long time. Go ahead and post those pictures! :)

Congratulations Ben! That was hard earned and well deserved!

Congratulations Ben. A lot of work to add those two words to your ticket, Instrument Airplane. But you sure can do much more with the ticket now. Get yourself an Aviation Weather book and learn about thunderstorms and ice, all the stuff they didn't teach you in training.

I would ask what you are doing next, but see you have posted about multi training. How long before you start that?

Jim G

rpadula said:
Ben, looks like your prayer was answered :)

But to paraphrase an old joke: how does one get to an IA rating? "Practice, practice, practice." You certainly did enough of that, so we all had no doubts about the outcome!

Big congrats!

So what will you obsess over now?

-Rich

P.S. I agree w/Troy's advice to go get some solo cloud time. Big mental difference knowing there's no CFII in the right seat. Now, that's a real confidence-builder!

Thanks! I will do that!

grattonja said:
Congratulations Ben. A lot of work to add those two words to your ticket, Instrument Airplane. But you sure can do much more with the ticket now. Get yourself an Aviation Weather book and learn about thunderstorms and ice, all the stuff they didn't teach you in training.

I would ask what you are doing next, but see you have posted about multi training. How long before you start that?

Jim G
Thanks! I am thinking about flying for a half a year or so, building more complex and hi-perf time in the IFR environment so that the transition will be easier. I'm going to take a look at the multi once I reach about 100 hours complex/hi-perf. I'm have about 40 complex and about 50 hi-perf hours as of now.

Belated (way belated) congratulations, Ben. I saw your sweaty post, that is, your post about being sweaty, noted the new initials after your name, meant to say "congrats" then and held off 'cause I wanted to find out how far behind the eight ball I was.

555Juliet said:
Belated (way belated) congratulations, Ben. I saw your sweaty post, that is, your post about being sweaty, noted the new initials after your name, meant to say "congrats" then and held off 'cause I wanted to find out how far behind the eight ball I was.
Thanks so much! I don't remember your real name, but I see you are based at FDK. Do you have a leaseback there?

wangmyers said:
Thanks so much! I don't remember your real name, but I see you are based at FDK. Do you have a leaseback there?

It's Jill--you may remember me from the Babes, and I posted very occasionally on the former AOPA Webboards.

Unfortunately I'm a renter at FDK, but my friend Jill (Flymom182) did have a 182 on leaseback there until very recently. People get us confused, too. :)

Not too long ago I had lunch at ESN with Steve Werner who has a 172 based at BWI. Very nice guy.

I just stumbled onto this thread... belated congratulations from me too, Ben. PP-ASEL and now IA too, awesome!

Liz

555Juliet said:
It's Jill--you may remember me from the Babes, and I posted very occasionally on the former AOPA Webboards.

Unfortunately I'm a renter at FDK, but my friend Jill (Flymom182) did have a 182 on leaseback there until very recently. People get us confused, too. :)

Not too long ago I had lunch at ESN with Steve Werner who has a 172 based at BWI. Very nice guy.
OK, now I remember! So you had lunch with Steve? I think this is the same guy I know, except that he has a 182RG at BWI. Are we thinking of the same guy--maybe in his 50s, and is an MD?

azure said:
I just stumbled onto this thread... belated congratulations from me too, Ben. PP-ASEL and now IA too, awesome!

Liz
Thanks so much, Liz!

wangmyers said:
OK, now I remember! So you had lunch with Steve? I think this is the same guy I know, except that he has a 182RG at BWI. Are we thinking of the same guy--maybe in his 50s, and is an MD?

Moustache, 50s, urologist. His son's a pilot also, and they fly together for instrument proficiency. Super nice guy. Told me that flying into BWI is no worse than driving on the Beltway. Maybe for youse guys, it's not... :D

Back