Jay Honeck

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jay Honeck
yze4eda5.jpg

:eek:

I'm not seeing a problem.

So? You should have at least 30 seconds to beat it in.

"The power of the Nexus 7 compels you, the power of the Nexus 7 compels you, . . . ." :wink2:

It's moving due South, BTW...

I was thinking one could sneak in behind the storm, but if it's moving S or SW, then ya, waiting might be a good idea. It's dark out there.

Last edited:
Very steep gradients in that cell.

It's ok to call me a wuus

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! (...In my Barney Stinson voice)

On my short flight yesterday the storm scope was lighting up like a Christmas tree down south. It only sprinkled here yesterday AN.

As usual, the storm turned out way more benign than it looked. Some heavy rain, not much wind, very little lightning. Any run-of-the-mill summer thunderstorm in Iowa is WAY more violent than anything we get on the island.

And today, everything has been scrubbed clean, humidity is low, and temps are in the low 70s. AKA: "Perfect"!

Might want to check yer interwebernet. I just checked and the weather looks fine!

Looks to me like there's at least a wing's width, maybe two, of space for you to maintain separation. No problem.

It's moving due South, BTW...

No problem Jay, you can do it and we're all counting on you ... that's all "ground reflection" and background noise. Probably just light sprinkles;)

(RE: your previous posts on weather map accuracy)

What's the TAF say? Is the vis above the lowest min? If so file an alternate and GO!

I was watching that storm from about 100 miles away last night (airborne), and even if it wasn't nasty on the ground, I would NOT have flown in it.

Ryan

I was watching that storm from about 100 miles away last night (airborne), and even if it wasn't nasty on the ground, I would NOT have flown in it.

Ryan

Come on Ryan ... you're making us Texans looks like wussies. What Ryan meant to say was that he would not fly in it for fear of his beer sloshing around .... right Ryan?:lol:

Back