OK Tim, you were right.......

Kaye

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
iPlaneless
....I love the G500.

The Trinnie got back last week from an upgrade to a G500 supported with a G430W. Today I took it up for my first flight, and it's pretty cool!

I'm not Garmin savvy as most of my experience is with some form of King Bendix. I've played with the g1000 at our school occasionally, but didn't spend enough time to get comfortable with it. So I wasn't really excited that the Trinnie was getting an upgrade....I always said I like my steam guages!

At WV62, Tim told me I was gonna love the g500.....and he's right!

I was nervous about today's flight as I remembered my difficulty with the g1000. But the experience with the g1000 was my friend. Even tho the g500 is a "mini-me", it's much simpler. And my g1000 experience made the overall transition a piece of cake. And WOW, look at all the new capabilites I've got!

Since it's a retrofit, it's integrated with a lot of the original equipment, so my CFI and I put it thru it's paces to see how everything works together along with any idocsyncracies. And I just had a hoot flying!!! I know I've forgotten half the tidbits I learned today, but now working with the downloaded sim at home, I can make better use of it.

Today was just fun, tho we did try out a GPS WAAS approach with a procedure turn, and was that ever cool. :yes: Next lesson....getting down and serious with the instrument work. But first, another fun flight for me tomorrow!

Attachments

• G500%20Panel-1[2].jpg
    G500%20Panel-1[2].jpg
    416.3 KB · Views: 74
  • G500%20panel%202-1[1].jpg
    G500%20panel%202-1[1].jpg
    392.3 KB · Views: 48
Nice panel, Kaye! You definitely want a few fun flights with it (and a safety pilot) before you start taking it in IMC, though! The hard (but important) part is that someone should always be keeping their eyes outside the cockpit. That's going to be hard on these initial flights when you're both learning it.

[jealous] I hate you [/jealous]

Very nice! :)

Wow that is awesome Kaye. I hope the lease payments do go up. Enjoy it and fly safe!!

Back