OK, so didn't he learn ANYTHING?

wsuffa

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bill S.
I heard this story over the weekend. Had to go search it out to see if it was referenced anywhere else.

Didn't Nagin learn from the Chocolate City remarks?

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/3701694.html

<quote>
Nagin noted that 23 candidates entered the mayoral fray before the registration deadline last week.

"Very few of them look like us," he told the almost totally black crowd of about 200 persons who attended the meeting at the NAACP Family & Technology Center on Fannin
<end quote>

Unbelievable.

I was glad to see that at least SOME people held his feet to the fire about the Katrina debacle.

Nagin makes Jessee Jackson appear mainstream. Maybe Nagin can call David Duke for some assistance in the rebuilding as they both have the same, yet opposite, mind set.

Nagin's hard to figure. Sometimes he sounds quite reasonable, but then he'll say something that completely destroys your trust in the guy's judgement. You really don't know what he's going to come up with next, which makes politics in those nether regions interesting to watch, at least. I agree, Grebo, where's the Kartina response accountability when it comes to state and local officials ? Actually, although the media don't get it, or choose to ignore it, I suspect many local people in and around New Orleans are not so naive and know just how they were let down by Nagin, the governor et al.

Back